Manager Security Operations - REMOTE
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Additional Location(s)
- St Louis, Missouri; Atlanta, Georgia; Charlotte, North Carolina; Grapevine, Texas; Lisle, Illinois; Kansas City, Missouri; Chicago, Illinois; Austin, Texas
As a Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager at CH Robinson, you will have the opportunity to lead a global team of technical security operations analysts who manage, evaluate and monitor systems and procedures to protect CH Robinson’s data and global network from unauthorized activities. You will leverage your previous experience and industry best practices to build and shape this newly formed team and program. As part of that effort, you will be responsible for establishing key performance indicators (KPI) of the program, leading the effort of identifying and prioritizing internal and external risks which are relevant to CH Robinson, recommending risk mitigations, responding to reported security violations, and operational management of our security incident and event correlation system (SIEC). Our customers rely on us to solve their most complex supply chain issues and this team is responsible for ensuring we uphold their trust through protecting our systems from external threats.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and define objectives of our global Security Operations team and program; communicate execution strategies and progress with senior leadership
- Implement and manage changes to procedures and systems to enhance data, network and systems security
- Lead, coordinate, participate in and manage information security projects and, serve as an escalation point for the team while performing other duties as assigned
- Evaluate spend and make decisions and recommendations that balance timely project delivery and cost effectiveness
- Make talent decisions using evaluations on team health and performance to accomplish objectives to acquire, develop, and retain talent needed for high performing teams
- Promote and manage security awareness throughout the organization
- 5 + years information security experience, with a total of 8 or more years of information technology experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a technical Information Security team within a Fortune 1000 company; establishing processes and leveraging metrics to measure and manage support activities
- 3+ years of experience working with a variety of SIEM and security alerting tools
- Experience leading forensic investigations at all stages of the cyber kill chain
- Experience successfully implanting Security technologies and products (firewalls, AV systems, IDS, IPS, web content filter, NAC, SIEM, Microsoft Windows system security services and functions)
- Working knowledge of security frameworks (NIST, ISO, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Experience securing hybrid and cloud-based workloads
- Experience with two factor authentication methods and technologies
- Experience with encryption technologies and methods
- Knowledge of wireless technology and portable device security
- Previous experience with vendor management and coordinating vendor activities
- Hands-on experience with the following: Active Directory and Security Tools, DNS Security, Security Event Monitoring, Cisco, Multi Factor Authentication, SSL VPN, Microsoft PKI, Web Application Firewalls, Database Monitoring, Network IPS/IDS, Computer Forensics
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Experience of a progressive track record of achievement and a strong focus toward customer service and satisfaction
- Strong ability to partner, gain trust and influence at all organizational levels
- CISSP, Cisco, Microsoft or security certifications
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.