Ocean Imports Coordinator - Entry Level
The Ocean Imports Coordinator is an entry level position within our modal operations. Associate GFAs are responsible for learning operational concepts and terminology, gaining an understanding our company’s goals and values, and building skill for our industry and organization. In addition to building their skills, Coordinators will gain experience by executing small and medium size customer accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
Maintain Operational Excellence:
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo
- Apply basic industry knowledge to respond to customer requests
- Learn and Execute/Coordinate tasks on the shipments to meet all customer SOP requirements.
- Ensure a high-level of data integrity within the shipments: acknowledgement of shipment details, INCOterms, routing, dates, documents, etc.
- Learn and understand pricing. Complete low to medium complexity customer quotes
- Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with Customers, CHR offices, Agents, and Outside Vendors
- Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
- Understand and learn to leverage CHR’s network of departments, support teams and leadership.
- Ensure customer SOPs are maintained and adhered to
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Proven critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs
- High level of attention to detail
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.