Principal Data Engineer
- Job ID
- 14900 Charlson Rd, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States, 55347
Are you passionate about shaping the future of logistics through data-driven insights and cutting-edge cloud technologies? Join our Fortune 500 Global Logistics Company on our NAST Data Estate Team as a Principal Data Engineer and play a crucial role in transforming our data ecosystem into a modern, scalable, and high-performance cloud-based infrastructure. As part of our dynamic data engineering team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with leadership and other professionals, leverage state-of-the-art cloud tools, and drive innovation that shapes the logistics industry worldwide.
This role may be located in Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Kansas City, Seattle, or Chicago.
- Collaborative Teamwork: Collaborate with other senior level engineers/architects, business stakeholders, and analytics teams to help shape and influence our modern data strategy leveraging cloud-first technologies by eliciting requirements and delivering results
- Cloud Data Architecture: Design, architect, and with partnership among your team develop data architectures to support our business needs and objectives. Using modern cloud data warehouses and supporting technologies to enable efficient costs and value driven products
- Data Engineering: Create ELT/ETL pipelines that allow us to retrieve valuable data from both internal and external platforms, transform it into a value-added product, and make it available for consumers. Establish and implement best practices to ensure data quality, reliability, and cost responsibility
- Data Modeling and Optimization: Design and implement data models that align with business requirements and enhance data accessibility for reporting and analytics. Optimize data structures and queries to improve system performance and reduce latency.
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively identify technologies or solutions that differ from current technology stack or represent innovative uses of existing technologies. Construct and deliver proposed solution strategies for potential new technologies
- Mentoring: Provide technical guidance and mentorship to engineering teams through technical POCs, shared frameworks, and desired best practices and patterns for software development, delivery, and management
- 8+ years of experience in data engineering (4+ years cloud), utilizing modern platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- 2+ years of experience with cloud data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Experience building and modeling data in relational and non-relational data storage technologies including schema design, stored procedure development, and performance optimization
- Proficiency in SQL and Python and hands on experience with big data frameworks (Spark, Hadoop), NoSQL technologies (ElasticSearch, MongoDB), and streaming technologies (Kafka, Azure Event Hub)
- Experience with cloud data replication and integration tools (Matillion, Fivetran, dbt, Airflow/Astronomer, LookML)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or other technology degree or minimum 4 years of equivalent work experience and high school diploma/GED
- Proven record of strong decision-making, analytical skills, conflict resolution, follow through, and building technical relationships with senior executives and business stakeholders
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience establishing testing patterns, acceptance testing criteria, and reviewing others' automated tests
- Familiarity with data governance principles, data security, and compliance with global data protection regulations (ALTR, Alation, Collibra, Atlan)
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (PowerBI, Sigma, Tableau, Alteryx, Thoughtspot)
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Manager Technology Controls and Compliance Eden Prairie, Minnesota 12/01/2023
- Senior Software Engineer Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Seattle, Washington, Kansas City, Missouri, Chicago, Illinois 11/16/2023
- Senior Data Platforms Administrator Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Seattle, Washington, Kansas City, Missouri, Chicago, Illinois 09/07/2023
- Software Engineer III Eden Prairie, Minnesota 10/25/2023
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.