Principal Internal Communications Consultant
Does consulting with leaders of complex, cross-channel initiatives to strategize modern, authentic communication strategies sound like you? Do you enjoy serving as the voice of employees in executing your strategies and then measuring the impact? Does being the go-to person for multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment give you energy? Do you like collaborating with smart, hard-working, dedicated people just like you? As a Principal Internal Communications Consultant, you’ll create and share compelling messaging that helps our network teams connect with our transformation.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills in a variety of modern channels; has experience partnering with all levels of leaders and teams and can manage complex initiatives with a consultative and positive approach.
- Partner with Transformation Office teams to create and execute project-based communication strategies designed to drive change to achieve divisional transformation business objectives.
- Serve as a consultative, influential partner who uses business acumen to guide, give perspective, and coach/upskill.
- Serve as the voice of the NAST network and embody our communications principles: authentic, transparent, direct to desk (limited cascade), concise, and real-time. Simplify complex concepts into jargon-free, end-user facing language.
- Create and execute memorable, engaging, cross-channel communications that drive awareness, ignite emotion, and inspire employees to take action. Channels include video, social, SharePoint, visual communications (infographic), podcast, etc.
- Advise and provide communications support to Transformation Office leadership.
- Measure and report out on communication effectiveness via analytics.
- Manage relationships with internal and external partners (HR, Marketing, Functional Areas, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 7 years’ progressive professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a communications-focused position
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Creating and executing communications strategy for projects/initiatives.
- Partnering with or executing communication within larger change management strategy.
- Strong copywriting and sharp, error-free editing skills.
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to communicate effectively across varied stakeholders,
including senior organizational leaders.
- Excellent writing and listening skills and can pinpoint what compels/ignited emotion with an
- Hands-on communicator that can construct effectively, accurately and with speed.
- A keen eye for good design and layout, and possesses design skill in the production of visuals, including slides, posters, video, and digital media.
- Detail-oriented, organized and can prioritize effectively.
- Trusted advisor, influencer and partner who develops collaborative strategic relationships, at all levels, throughout the organization.
- Possess strong strategic orientation, ability to think critically, and evaluate broad impacts of work.
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment.
- Well organized, able to prioritize work, manage time effectively and follow through on commitments.
- Aware of the latest trends and always thinking about ways to innovate.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.