Principal Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
Are you passionate about global modern web applications built on React and TypeScript connecting to the world’s largest logistics back end in the cloud?
How about reimagining UI framework extensibility so that it scales for hundreds of other engineering teams to build upon?
We are creating the next generation of C.H. Robinson logistics applications. If you love the modern web, have outstanding attention to detail, a passion for creating experiences that delight users, and deep technical skills on the front and back end then you might be a perfect fit.
We are building the Navisphere Application Framework team and are looking for the technical lead. You’ll make technical design decisions and mentor others to build our next generation UI app platform.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Lead the technical direction of the engineering team to build an extensible application framework for Navisphere v.Next
- Customer focus; be able to tie engineering decisions and output to delivering customer value
- Drive for results; being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem though to its conclusion is a skill and ability which a successful engineer will exhibit
- Technical excellence; core to being a software engineer is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, solving problems, a curiosity to “go deep”, and an ability to quickly learn and extrapolate upon past experiences to deliver innovations.
- Collaborate with the project stakeholders, Engineering Product Managers and the engineering team to understand business requirements, user experience goals, and work to prioritize the backlog accordingly
- Passionate about front-end software engineering and leading teams.
- 5+ years of Front-End Application Development experience.
- Working knowledge of common server software including, but not limited to, Kafka, Elastic, SQL, Vault, Redis, MongoDB
- Proven experience designing, building and maintaining REST APIs written in C#, Node.js, Java or comparable software stack
- Experience building and using automation tools, CI/CD, unit testing, and promoting a culture of quality software development
- Experience building highly scalable, performant software
- A mindset of continual learning, growth, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills; ability to coordinate and motivate people
- Focused experience on Front-End Development
- Experience with Google’s Material Design System
- Experience working with cloud specific technology including, but not limited to, Azure
- Experience applying Domain Driven Design in a microservice oriented architecture
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field of study
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.