Principal UX Researcher
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Additional Location(s)
- Seattle, Washington; Kansas City, Missouri; Chicago, Illinois
We’re looking for a highly motivated Principal UX Researcher to join our growing User Experience organization and help standardize UX metrics and goals across our external products and business lines. You will be responsible for becoming an expert in motivations, workflows, and habits of logistics professionals and customers and carriers who work with C.H. Robinson and bring that expertise to the strategy, design, and growth of several products and services. You will take a multi-method approach combining expertise with both quantitative and qualitative methods to identify emerging patterns and usage while uncovering user insights and articulating user’s needs.
Your research insights will be consumed across multiple products and functions that include engineering, design, marketing, product and more. Success in your role is dependent on synthesizing knowledge from various types of learning into clear, concise, and credible stories shared through data and visuals. You’re responsible for preparing and executing studies, synthesizing insights, sharing results with stakeholders to ensure they’re making informed decisions based on your insights, and tracking the impact of your work.
You’ll help organize and standardize the research practice across the external product space while creating research plans so our strategy balances customer, business, and user needs. You will build relationships with key stakeholders and partner with them on key priorities. You will also partner closely with UX designers to determine the best research methods to define user success metrics and determine if they’ve been realized.
This role may be located in Eden Prairie/Minneapolis, Chicago, Kansas City or Seattle.
- Proactively planning and executing customer research throughout the design and development lifecycle, from early strategic direction through post-release validation
- Developing relationships across the company and understanding existing research and insights to inform your research projects and collaborate on end-to-end research that influences Product Team roadmaps, Product Team initiatives and future projects at C.H. Robinson
- Partnering with other UX team members and with the broader research community at C.H. Robinson to share and evangelize research findings, collaborate on projects to understand our customers’ end-to-end journey, and to promote research as a strategic driver for our products and services
- Analyzing and interpreting a mix of qualitative and quantitative data and providing recommendations on complex topics
- Employ a wide range of research methods, including generative design research and contextual inquiry, participatory design workshops, interviews, formative and summative usability studies, as well as quantitative methods, such as surveys and data analytics
- Communicating and presenting research findings and insights in a clear and compelling way
- Research skills to uncover and investigate unmet needs (e.g. group and 1:1 interview facilitation skills, ethnographic skills, JTBD, journey mapping, design heuristic evaluation, etc.)
- Facilitating empathy and synthesis workshops with project teams and stakeholders to ensure that findings and insights are translated into actionable product improvements
- 8+ years of professional research experience
- Track record of strong qualitative and quantitative results impacting product strategy and development
- Up-to-date toolkit of research methods, and the experience and savvy to know when to be lean and scrappy and when to be rigorous
- Ability to influence and collaborate with a wide set of stakeholders including designers, product managers, and software developers
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas to their essence
- Demonstrated inquisitive mind and empathy for customers
- Believe in the power of collaboration and bringing your team along with you
- Ability to think holistically and find patterns
- Eagerness to work in the complex and derive simple valuable solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or above in cognitive or experimental psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, business, or related field
- Experience working with architecture and manufacturing products and services
- Experience researching multichannel experiences
- Familiarity with Lean UX and Lean methodologies
- Experience with agile software development
- Values a diverse and inclusive work enviornment
Compensation Range$92,000.00 - $203,900.00
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Principle Software Engineer Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Chicago, Illinois, Seattle, Washington, Kansas City, Missouri 03/11/2023
- Senior Software Engineer Eden Prairie, Minnesota 03/08/2023
- Software Engineer III Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Seattle, Washington, Kansas City, Missouri, Chicago, Illinois 03/08/2023
- Lead Software Engineer - Mobile Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Chicago, Illinois, Seattle, Washington, Kansas City, Missouri 03/02/2023
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.