Product Manager - Carrier Mobile Experience - Remote
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Additional Location(s)
- San Jose, California; Grapevine, Texas; Tewksbury, Massachusetts; Kansas City, Missouri; Chicago, Illinois; Austin, Texas; Seattle, Washington
C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. With $28 billion in freight under management and 2.5X larger than the next largest North American freight broker, we are one of the world’s largest logistics platforms with our 100,00 customers and 85,000 contract carriers. Our global suite of services accelerates trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. Our technology is built by and for supply chain experts to bring faster, more meaningful improvements to our customers’ businesses.
C.H. Robinson is looking for a Product Manager to own the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for carrier focused products to support our Surface Transportation logistics marketplace. The right candidate will be a systems thinker who obsesses about delivering the best experience for our carriers in the context of our business strategy. As a Product Manager, you will work cross functionally to ensure alignment to carrier and business goals and work backwards from those goals to solve problems and inform technology investments. Solutions and decisions will be shaped by curiosity and rigorous analysis and research – both qualitative and quantitative.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Prioritize and manage delivery of product features intent on obtaining product goals and aligned with business strategy
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external teams including software development engineers, capacity managers, finance, leadership, and carriers to implement features for global roll-out across carrier segments
- Define requirements, metrics analysis and partner with engineering counterparts on development, testing, and launching efforts
- Identify key market participants, potential impact, and provide recommendations for product growth strategy
- Synthesize data and insights into clear recommendations/proposals to inform strategic and tactical priorities to a wide range of audiences including executive leadership
- Minimize wasted technology investment by testing/validating hypotheses behind proposed investments; partner with technology teams to iteratively test/validate hypotheses and build complete solutions for ideas/proposals that have been validated
- Work with designers to optimize product features for enhanced user experience
- Drive effective teamwork, collaboration and alignment across teams that have very different worldviews and perspectives
- Navigate an ambiguous environment, from a strategic and tactical perspective, where the product management function is still maturing
- Experience leading a product or as a strong individual contributor in a consumer-facing mobile business
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: strategic management consulting, financial analysis, technology, data science or P&L management
- Experience managing day-to-day project/program communications to a broad stakeholder group and contributing to senior executive management reports and business presentations
- Experience writing both long- and short- term product planning reports, including strategic market analysis, product proposals, and financial/business reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and high school diploma/GED
- Master’s degree Business Administration/Management, Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering
- Results driven with an understanding of how to evaluate, deliver, and validate business value
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs, and make rapid and data based decisions
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback and coaching others to do the same
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.