Product Scientist (Data Science)Apply Now
We're on a mission to disrupt the logistics industry and take our technology to new heights with data science. We're seeking Product Scientists to work on our North America Data Science team. Our Data Science team is tasked with reinventing core parts of our business model, driving automation, and bringing new technology to solve age old problems in ways that fulfil our mission of improving the world’s supply chains.
As a Product Scientist, you will be at the heart of this reinvention, responsible for owning a core part of our business, driving algorithms to be effective and implementing them into our platform. Our product science team is responsible for working with the business to understand use case and implementation for Data Science and Machine Learning solutions and then implementing those features as code. A core part of the job is prototyping and working with our algorithm and research teams, at times embedded with them to develop features that drive your product forward. You will be assigned to a core product that provides high value to the company and you will develop that product as part of our ecosystem as a targeted member of our Data Science team, working alongside our research teams to identify and implement valuable research being developed within the team.
The ideal candidates have a passion to understand the details of our business and technology and work to transform data into actionable insights and build next generation data products. C.H. Robinson is an industry leader in the transportation space and the products you build will become core pillars of our digital platform.
- Develop a complete understanding of our business problems and how we use data to solve them
- Work closely with IT Product teams to productionize successful products in an on demand environment
- Identify & Design new features for existing products via applied research & user engagement
- Help to align products and algorithms to the strategy of the company and the problems of our customers
- Focus on continual improvement and understand the gaps of the algorithms and products we deliver
- Embrace an R&D mindset through Rapid Prototyping & Iterative Experimentation
- We value creativity, humor, and the ability to not take ourselves very seriously.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in advanced analytics, machine learning, or software development
- Experience with Statistical Algorithms, especially Boosting, Clustering, and Regression
- Experience in programming: R and Python
- Familiarity with data fundamentals including SQL
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Expertise in additional programming languages: Java or Scala especially
- Experience with Spark/Hive/Hadoop Ecosystems and other noSQL data environments
- Familiarity with Econometric Concepts including Two Sided Matching Markets
- Experience working with Machine Learning including Data Mining, Network Models & Deep Learning
- Proficiency with Linux Operating Systems & Containerization
- Experience with big data tech such as Spark and Hadoop
- Experience working with web-frameworks such as R-Shiny, Dash or Django
- Proven ability to develop a product and be responsible for its outcomes
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills for explaining algorithms to stakeholders
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran