Senior Data Analyst
The Senior Data Analyst supporting our Committed Truckload pillar will leverage business and technical knowledge to develop new and innovative analytical solutions in a crucial area of NAST truckload business. In this role you will be accountable for analytical product development, using the Agile process to create applications which serve both as a research and development purpose as well as supporting NAST commercial, capacity, and leadership teams in the Committed space. Additionally, in this role you will use established best practices to verify insights for leadership, work closely with Data Science and IT, and may conduct exploratory work pertaining to upcoming and/or ongoing product development.
- Data profiling, exploratory work, prototyping, visual development, initial data structuring
- Build initial application prototypes rapidly and accurately
- Adapt applications based on feedback
- Domain build out, validation, and rework
- Update and maintain standard library of visualization packages for future prototyping
- Using agile processes, take in reviewed work through work management tools such as Github, Azure boards
- Extracts and interprets data to answer ambiguous questions while working directly with personnel across the network
- Determines reporting and additional analysis to support initiatives and measurement
- Proactively analyzes topics, identifies and creates recommendations supported by facts to change behaviors, including specific operational improvements to the team and the business in general
- Clearly translate and communicate complex concepts into understandable, professional presentations
- Perform quality assurance testing of reports and dashboards
- Consults, supports, and informs leadership using data driven insights
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ year with analytics experience developing business solutions using comprehensive, robust data assets
- Experience of a programming language such as Python and/or R
- Well versed in SQL
- Proven ability to think creatively to develop a data model or perspective to answer challenging business problems or scenarios
- Experience creating analytical dashboards (Power BI, Powerpivot, R Shiny App)
- Experience with Kafka, Snowflake, and T-SQL
- Experience creating web visualizations using open source software (R Shiny/Plotly Dash)
- Experience leveraging statistical methodologies to deliver actionable insights (regression analysis, clustering and/or tree models)
- Basic knowledge of docker containerization
- Basic knowledge of linux/bash
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams such as IT, Data science, Analytics, as well as NAST Commercial and Capacity
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.