Senior Data Analyst
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Additional Location(s)
- San Jose, California; Chicago, Illinois; Tewksbury, Massachusetts; Austin, Texas; Seattle, Washington
As a SeniorData Analystwithin our Analytics Research Team, you will operate in a critical function, determining next best steps and changes to systemic processes that directly impact business strategy. You will act as a key contributor on an existing Data Science pricing algorithm/product, making calculated changes that result in optimal business outcomes (e.g. optimization of margin/volume trade-offs). Your immediate accountabilities will be to conduct deep-dive investigations into shipment characteristics and algorithm outputs to determine how we might improve our pricing algorithm in the near term. These analyses, which may include aspects such as input data quality, model sensitivity or specific customer considerations, will help us to better understand our complex pricing ecosystem and more effectively make changes in our fast-paced environment. You will also collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine needs, design experiments to estimate impact, and work with the team to implement and measure performance of those changes.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Extracts and interprets data to answer ambiguous questions while working directly with personnel across the network
- Determines reporting and additional analysis needs to support initiatives and measurement
- Regularly organizing findings and syncing with business to consult, support, and inform leadership using data driven insights
- Design and analyze experiments and tests (i.e., A/B, Hypothesis, Multivariate, Usability) of data science product
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop innovative solutions and measure and achieve success
- Clearly translate and communicate complex concepts into understandable, professional presentations
- Network by building relationships and consulting to bring solutions to life
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Data Science, etc.
- Proficient in SQL
- Familiarity withadvanced analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing including A/B testing tools and concepts
- Experience leveraging mathematical and statistical methodologies to deliver actionable insights
- Intermediate experience of a programming language such as Python and/or R
- Experience aggregating and visualizing data in order to deliver quick insights
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Domo, etc.
- Experience with Kafka, Snowflake, and T-SQL
- Exceptional verbal/written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills across all types of stakeholders
- Demonstrated success working cross functionally and building collaborative relationships across teams
- Experience with simulating effects of algorithm changes and estimating impact to business outcomes
- Experience with 3PL or trucking market
- Familiarity with agile methodology and/or project management principles
- Demonstrated understanding of pricing elasticity and/or risk management
- Vales a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Senior Data Scientist, Costing Eden Prairie, Minnesota, San Jose, California, Chicago, Illinois, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Austin, Texas, Seattle, Washington 09/20/2022
- Data Scientist - Pricing Analytics Eden Prairie, Minnesota, San Jose, California, Chicago, Illinois, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Austin, Texas, Seattle, Washington 09/20/2022
- Senior Data Analyst (Remote) Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Atlanta, Georgia, Grapevine, Texas, Chicago, Illinois, Phoenix, Arizona, Kansas City, Missouri 09/14/2022
- Senior Data Scientist (Remote) Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Cleveland, Ohio, Chicago, Illinois, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Concord, California, Austin, Texas 09/16/2022
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.