Senior Data EngineerApply Now
The Senior Data Engineer role works on the COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) Data Warehouse team to onboard, integrate and deliver data. You’ll provide analytical experiences through secure, consistent and trusted data that empowers our applications and users to make impactful decisions. This role is focused on developing data solutions for the business that answer strategic questions and enhance our reporting services and platforms. This team creates ongoing value for the business through iterative development and delivery.
The Senior Data Engineer role is focused on leading and developing data solutions for the business that answer critical strategic questions and enhance our trading partner reporting platforms. They partner with the Architect in setting standards and designing solutions and partner with the business to define solutions and KPIs for the business. The Senior Data Engineer is expected to mentor and help junior developers grow.
- Collaborates to define and establish software development processes. Leads the effort in defining standards and best practices for team in partnership with the Architect.
- Mentor and guide Data Engineers, preforming code reviews and pair programming
- Designs solutions for the most complex scenarios and may influence or drive architectural changes.
- Translate/Convert the business high-level requirements into detailed designs to complex business problems, partnering with usiness nalysts, business stakeholders, and chitects. Anticipates business needs and presents options to business stakeholder with the business analyst.
- Estimates for projects including work, time, resources and skill needs.
- Lead code development that defines the business logic rules for large scale (enterprise wide) solutions, that work with large data sets and process in bulk
- Understands and applies database performance techniques and index optimization, may collaborate with DBA.
- Designs source control strategy for the team.
- Designs denormalized database schemas to provide meaningful business context.
- Recommends and creates KPIs that will drive business decisions and actions
- Collaborates with team to define testing strategy and uses a number of tools and techniques to drive the testing of applications and their dependencies.
- Proactively troubleshoots applications and identifies performance and availability issues of applications across the enterprise, providing effective options for resolution.
- Facilitates implementation of new and/or modified use of technologies with all impacted groups.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies. Constructs and delivers proposed strategy including cost and value for potential new technologies and works with architecture to review and approve proposals.
- Minimum of 6 years collaborating with a team and working in a team environment
- Passion for developing and mentoring junior developers
- 3 years of experience working with database objects
- 4 years of experience in the collection and organization of data.
- 4 years of experience coding an ETL tool to load a data warehouse or create a data store.
- 4 years of experience in performance tuning in a SQL environment.
- Experience in Dimensional, Entity-Relationship, Tabular models and OLAP data modeling.
- 3 years of experience with Analysis Services
- 4 years of experience with Microsoft SSIS
- 5 years of experience with SQL Server
- Proven track record in delivering in an agile environment, while managing multiple priorities
- Practical Experience with test driven development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Skilled with GIT and GITHub or comparable distributed version control system
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Track record of using technology and data to solve business problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid interpersonal communication and collaboration skills. Able to communicate technical and business concepts across teams and various business stakeholders. Ability to provide honest and timely feedback to business stakeholders, peers, and management.
- Experience transforming and combining data from on-prem and cloud based systems (Oracle, Workday, and Microsoft Dynamics 365).
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran