Senior Data Platforms Administrator
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Additional Location(s)
- Seattle, Washington; Kansas City, Missouri; Chicago, Illinois
C.H. Robinson is hiring for a Senior Data Platforms Administrator. In this role, you will oversee the daily execution of processes, operations, and support activities within the wide realm of distributed data services, NoSql technologies, data science tooling, and data streaming platforms. You will be responsible for deploying and managing platforms and tools to support our distributed data, data science and data streaming strategies. Along with utilizing your strong Kafka administration and design skills, you will also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge with other platforms such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Postgresql, and Redis. You will be looked upon to take an infrastructure-as-code approach to these technologies, and strive to automate wherever, and whenever possible.
Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Facilitate the continuous re-engineering of fluid data platforms and pipelines
- Participate in global on-call rotation to ensure 24x7 availability of distributed data platforms
- Develop and automate the provisioning and operations of data platforms
- Partner with software engineering, data science, and infrastructure teams on evaluation and feasibility assessment of new platforms and technologies
- Oversee and ensure production readiness of new technologies/platforms
- Maintain documentation on processes and procedures that promote proper and efficient use of platforms
- Develop processes and standards for best-practice optimization of database platform configurations, performance, backup/recovery, and security
- Lead small projects and have accountability for ongoing activities and/or objects of the project
- Provide platform training to team members when required, and act as a point of escalation for the team when extra knowledge is required
- 4 years of enterprise experience building and maintaining highly available production systems
- 4 years of working with Linux in a production environment
- 3 years of administration and design experience with Kafka
- Proficient in at least one of the following: Bash, Python, Powershell, Ansible, Golang, SQL, Terraform
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices
- Experience/familiarity with container orchestration platforms a plus (AKS/Kubernetes)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or other technology degree OR equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Knowledge and experience with at least one of the following: Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Postgresql, Redis
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Operational knowledge of working in a cloud environment
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and Restful API’s
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
- Positive, collaborative attitude
- Proactive, accountable, autonomous, and solutions oriented
- Ability to motivate and encourage change, able to get positive results in a very large, dispersed organization
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Compensation Range$83,500.00 - $185,400.00
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Manager Technology Controls and Compliance Eden Prairie, Minnesota 12/01/2023
- Senior Software Engineer Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Seattle, Washington, Kansas City, Missouri, Chicago, Illinois 11/16/2023
- Software Engineer III Eden Prairie, Minnesota 10/25/2023
- Senior Software Engineer Eden Prairie, Minnesota 10/27/2023
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.