Senior Data Scientist, Costing
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Additional Location(s)
- San Jose, California; Chicago, Illinois; Tewksbury, Massachusetts; Austin, Texas; Seattle, Washington
We are on a mission to disrupt the logistics industry and take our technology to new heights with data science. Our Data Science department is quickly growing core capacities in multiple areas and is hiring a Senior Data Scientist to help bring out costing algorithms to the future. Supply and Demand are key drivers to the cost of hire in the truckload market. This role will help optimize our cost predictions from real time data sources and combine multiple data sets to develop predictive models that harness this data in a way that improves predictive performance of our cost models over an increasingly long time span.
From designing systems that monitor streams to send signals and alerts to business users, to adding machine learning pipelines that enhance existing algorithms embedded into our industry leading platform products, everything you work on will have an impact. In this leadership role, you will help to improve the world's supply chains, and develop a deep expertise in cutting-edge statistical and mathematical techniques, while partnering with our team of technologists to impact major business decisions at CH Robinson.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Build, develop, and maintain models used in the core search and recommendation functionality of our flagship web and mobile freight-booking platform for carriers
- Test, evaluate, and deploy new models and features to achieve better outcomes for key metrics
- Work collaboratively with other data scientists, our engineering team, and business stakeholders to craft solutions with a holistic view of the problem
- Communicate the factors of an algorithmic decision process to non-technical stakeholders
- Partner with data engineers to build reliable data pipelines and to optimize them for model training as well as automating critical analysis tasks
- Take ownership of a machine learning model lifecycle from requirements scoping all the way through model development, deployment, and continual evaluation of outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field with 2+ years of experience or equivalent academic experience with a Masters/PhD program in a relevant field.
- Proficiency with a modern programming language (e.g., Python or R)
- Experience interacting with databases (e.g., writing SQL queries)
- Experience developing and training ML and/or statistical models
- Familiarity with standard modeling techniques including model evaluation and testing (e.g., statistical significance testing, cross validation)
- Experience with software engineering for data science applications
- Experience using data visualization techniques for data analysis and model explainability
- Familiarity with basic feature selection and dimensionality reduction methods
- Familiarity with Airflow, Azure Cloud, FastAPI, Docker, Kubernetes, Snowflake
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Senior Data Analyst Eden Prairie, Minnesota, San Jose, California, Chicago, Illinois, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Austin, Texas, Seattle, Washington 09/22/2022
- Data Scientist - Pricing Analytics Eden Prairie, Minnesota, San Jose, California, Chicago, Illinois, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Austin, Texas, Seattle, Washington 09/20/2022
- Senior Data Analyst (Remote) Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Atlanta, Georgia, Grapevine, Texas, Chicago, Illinois, Phoenix, Arizona, Kansas City, Missouri 09/14/2022
- Senior Data Scientist (Remote) Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Cleveland, Ohio, Chicago, Illinois, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Concord, California, Austin, Texas 09/16/2022
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.