Senior Data Scientist
The Navisphere Vision team at C.H. Robinson is transforming the logistics industry. This team is comprised of talent software engineers and product managers who received the 2019 Tekne award from the Minnesota Technology Association in recognition of this industry leading and innovative product. As a data scientist, you will leverage your passion for data and understanding details of our business and technology to clarify requirements, transform data into actionable insights, work on innovative projects, combine expert statistical modeling knowledge with machine learning, and deliver on critical projects. Those who love to work with data will see this as a tremendous opportunity to improve the world's supply chains.
- Evaluate and understand current & nascent modelling methods in the data science space
- Consult and implement high-impact solutions tailored to customers’ needs using machine learning methodology
- Effectively communicate quantitative analyses, machine learning, statistical modelling, and data mining to business partners
- Collaborate with business leaders, subject matter experts, customers, and development teams to develop analytical solutions and inform our visibility roadmap
- Validate and implement modelling improvements to increase accuracy of data science algorithms
- Embrace an R&D mindset through rapid prototyping and iterative experimentation
- Provide and apply quality assurance best practices for data mining/analysis services
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in advanced analytics, machine learning and/or data science
- Experience working with data mining & network models using Databricks
- Experience with statistical algorithms, especially boosting, classification and regression
- Experience building production quality modeling applications
- Experience in programming: R and Python
- Familiarity with data fundamentals including SQL
- Proficiency with Linux operating systems and containerization
- Strong familiarity with algorithm trade-offs when solving complex issues
- PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Experience with Spark/Hive/Kafka/MongoDB/Postgres data environments
- Experience with deep learning including Tensorflow & PyTorch
- Experience deploying models and working in a cloud environment
- Proven track record of delivering in an Agile environment
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and out-of-the-box thinking
- Demonstrated having conducted deep research into a targeted subject area
- Strong sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize work effectively to maximize output and productivity
- Experience with econometrics including two sided matching markets
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.