Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson?
Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
"Having been here for almost 2.5 years, I've found that Robinson supports us as employees by encouraging our growth with new and different tech, plus we have fun events that make me feel as if I am genuinely appreciated as an employee. Since we're working on developing applications to support the business, it's been neat to see/hear how our applications have impacted the business." - Kim Mai, Software Engineer II, North America
"I've found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It's a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users." - William Dietrich, Software Engineer II, North America
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
C.H. Robinson is seeking an experienced software engineer to join our Enterprise API capability team. The individual in this role will perform analysis, design, development, and testing tasks to deliver on software projects. The position requires excellent problem-solving skills and interaction with internal customers and other technology teams. The individual will have a passion to solve technical and business problems, pay great attention to detail, and take pride in their work. They will be a mentor for junior developers and will provide technical expertise as we grow and evolve our software development organization.
C.H. Robinson has an entrepreneurial culture that promotes creativity, personal initiative, team collaboration and fun. The successful applicant will be a creative, self-motivated individual, capable of working in a team environment, and on multiple projects at once. We need this person to contribute ideas to continually improve our software development processes and standards, and to keep up to speed with emerging software development technologies. Applicants should have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a high-paced environment.
- Work closely with business analysts and architects to define, estimate, and design solutions for complex software development projects
- Lead development teams in creating new software implementations. Develop enhancements to existing products
- Identify risks and issues during projects and communicate them to leadership appropriately
- Work cross-team to introduce new technology and refine our development standards and processes.
- Mentor and guide junior level engineers, performing code reviews and pair programming.
- Write quality code that integrates with our existing systems. Help ensure junior developers do the same.
- Deliver and promote software development best practices such as test-driven design, continuous integration and continuous integration
- Maintain the integrity of application architecture.
- Continually improve and refactor legacy components to evolve into our modern target architecture
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Participate in the scrum development process. Contribute to stand ups, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Experience developing applications with .Net
- Experience with C# or equivalent OO languages
- Experience creating RESTful services using XML and/or JSON
- Strong experience with OO design, design patterns and SOLID Principles
- Experience with SQL Server
- In-depth experience with relational database technology including schema design, stored procedure development and SQL queries.
- Proficient with Git, or comparable distributed version control system.
- 1 year of experience in test and/or behavior driven development
- 1 year of experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- 1 year of experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Up to 10% travel
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with distributed search technologies such as Elasticsearch
- Experience with node
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- A proven track record of delivering UIs using technologies such as Angular, WPF, and WinForms
- Previous experience in transportation, logistics, order management and/or financial systems
- Eager to tackle scaling challenges using cloud technologies
- Experience working on large-scale open source or inner source software development projects
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Solid interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Undergraduate degree in computer science/software engineering
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.About C.H. Robinson
Come collaborate with our team of over 900 global IT professionals. You�ll have the opportunity to work in an Agile environment and provide solutions to the world�s most challenging supply chain problems. We believe in accelerating careers by providing ongoing training and professional development opportunities. Start here. Accelerate here.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, give back to our communities. .
Join the 15,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran