Senior Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most connected supply chain platform, Navisphere. If you are a software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
There are a lot of fun events outside of the main responsibilities such as projects which involved people from different parts of the organization working together on tech and non-tech topics, events organized by Women in Tech (employee resource group) such as the book club and activities encouraged by the HR Team.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst, Warsaw, Poland
Teamwork culture is valuable. Workflow-wise, you do not feel that you work in a large company. We’ve got small teams with a lot of initiative. At the same time, you see the scale of the system architecture and you realize that you work in a big company with a small, friendly team attitude.
Software Engineer, Warsaw, Poland
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
Software Engineer II, North America
As a Senior Software Engineer at C.H. Robinson, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you! In this role, you work closely with engineering product managers and business stakeholders to define, estimate, design, and develop for complex solutions that delight our customers. In addition, you are responsible for guiding the team’s engineering process, mentoring other software engineers and driving innovation.
The Senior Software Engineer role is a technical leadership role on a software development team. You work closely with engineering product managers, business stakeholders, and other leaders to define, estimate, and design for complex, strategic solutions that delight our customers. You are responsible for driving innovation through leadership, influence and discussions. In addition, the role is also responsible for impacting and continuously improving our engineering process and mentoring other engineers across the organization.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Analyze and translate high-level customer requirements into detailed designs to solve complex business problems
- Define interfaces and develop code for modules across products or services and may influence or drive architectural changes
- Increase code quality through code reviews and writing unit, integration, and acceptance tests
- Optimize, refactor, and reuse code to improve performance and maintainability while ensuring maximum efficiency, effectiveness, and return on investment
- Collaborate with team to define testing strategy and drive quality throughout the engineering lifecycle through unit and integration tests
- Proactively identify performance and availability issues, troubleshoot, provide effective options, and resolve issues in production that could span multiple product areas
- Write code using secure programming patterns and by finding, fixing, and enhancing security in existing applications
- Develop and maintain thorough technical documentation for the product or service
- Estimate for software projects including dependencies, work, time, resources, and skill needs
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Adopt established best practices while contributing to the definition of the engineering lifecycle as well as the definition of best practices
- Participate in design and code reviews and share best practices; proactively seek mentorship from others
- Collaborate with leadership to unblock and direct members on the team to successfully deliver high quality software
- 7+ years of experience developing and implementing commercial software, preferably custom-facing software solutions
- Experience creating applications and features in an object-oriented environment (ex. C#, .NET Service Stack, .Net Core)
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL) including schema design, stored procedure development and performance and optimization techniques
- Experience with non-relational databases (ex. MongoDB, Elastic, Cosmos)
- Experience with HTTP and REST architecture
- Experience with unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Experience with version control systems (ex. GIT, GitHub, TFS, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Experience with data streaming architecture and frameworks (ex. Kafka, RabbitMQ, ESB)
- Experience with tooling, such as Webpack, SASS, npm, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and high school diploma/GED
- Experience in system integration projects or global projects
- Experience with transportation, logistics, or business systems
- Experience building cloud native applications and services (ex. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Possess solid communication skills and strong customer focus
- Ability to communicate technical and business concepts across teams
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.