Senior Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
As a Senior Software Engineer on C.H. Robinson’s Global Forwarding team, you be responsible for delivering solutions to our business users to help them efficiently and effectively manage their global freight network. You will be responsible for leading meetings, performing analysis, design, development, and testing tasks. You will also mentor other engineers and interact with our product owners and business partners to help maintain our project direction and deliver our solutions.
Global forwarding builds and operates the systems needed for our business users to build and execute shipments and integrate with government customs systems across the world.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Analyze and translate high-level goals and ideas into detailed designs to solve complex business problems
- Design solutions that align to the long-term plan for a service or product based on deep expertise and customer insights
- Define interfaces and develop code for modules across products and influence or drive architectural changes
- Proactively identify performance and availability issues, troubleshoot, provide effective options, and resolve issues in production that could span multiple product areas
- Design products by using secure programming patterns and finding, fixing, and enhancing security in existing applications; ensure secure best practices are part of design and implementation of new features and applications
- Lead the effort in defining our engineering process and practices in partnership with other lead software engineers
- Drive collaboration across multiple teams; find ways to accomplish more by enabling others
- Develop and support software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and conducting code reviews
- Minimum 6 years of experience developing and implementing large scale software
- Experience with modern development languages (ex. .Net CORE, C#, Java)
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Oracle) including schema design, stored procedure development and performance and optimization techniques
- Experience with HTTP and REST architecture
- Experience with unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Experience with CI/CD continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Experience with developing in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or other technology degree; or minimum 4 years of equivalent work experience and high school diploma/GED
- Experience in system integration projects or global projects
- Experience with data streaming architecture and frameworks (Kafka, ESB)
- Experience with non-relational databases (ex. MongoDB, Elastic, Cosmos)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
- Experience directly or indirectly leading high performing teams with the ability to assess and grow software engineering talent
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results while managing multiple priorities
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.