Senior Software Engineering Manager
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
At C.H. Robinson we are working to transform the logistics industry through delivery of world class products for our customers, carriers and supply chain partners. The Carrier Solutions team is responsible for building apps(iOS, Android) and a web platform that our 75,000+ carrier partners use to expedite commerce across the world. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will work closely with a very talented engineering team to manage and improve the lifecycle of our applications from design to release. You will synthesize carrier feedback on existing and new features and blend that with business strategy to create and maintain a roadmap.
- Develop a high performing, inclusive team that are empowered to do their best work and are engaged and focused on the product and our carriers
- Mentor and grow the team through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development
- Partner with peers across design, marketing, and operations to craft and evolve the team’s vision, strategy and roadmap
- Select, develop, and evaluate team members to ensure the effectiveness and alignment with current and future goals and initiatives
- Lead project execution end-to-end with an emphasis on engineering excellence and speed of delivery
- Effectively communicate progress of team goals with leadership across CH Robinson through well-defined score carding
- Evaluate and manage the budget for the capability area and make recommendations that balance timely project delivery and cost effectiveness
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in a technology role such as: software engineer, business analyst, quality assurance analyst, technology project manager
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading people and demonstrated commitment to supporting their growth
- Experience building and delivering mobile apps and web platforms in an agile environment
- Proven track record of successfully leading software development teams that deliver high quality software with urgency
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related technical field; or, 4 years of equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- You have experience serving in an engineering management role shipping customer-facing product.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency, problem solver who takes initiative
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment
- Proven ability to succeed with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative under ambiguous circumstances
- Experience working collaboratively to facilitate the delivery of world-class software
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.