Software Development Manager (EDI)
As a Software Development Manager at CH Robinson, you will leverage your passion for developing technology professionals to lead the strategic direction of our B2B connectivity processes and practices aligned to our Global Forwarding business. This team is responsible for integrating customers through workflow and mapping, connecting over 4,000 trading partners with C.H. Robinson's core suite of transportation management systems. In this role, you will lead the people who are coordinating the API/EDI requirements and design of customer integration projects. You will partner closely with business stakeholders to set expectations and ensure they are informed of and aligned to the strategic direction you partner together to define. You will measure and communicate progress through iterative metrics. Additionally, you will explore processes that will improve efficiency and speed to market, and lead conversations around ever changing customer technology demand.
- Manage and coach a team comprised of B2B developers and analysts
- Measure and communicate throughput as well as trend analysis
- Oversee the development, maintenance and enhancement of maps used for data transformation and ensure consistency with system availability goals to meet our partners data/solution requirements
- Communicate status and progress of team goals with senior leadership and business stakeholders
- Make talent decisions using evaluations on team health and performance to accomplish objectives to acquire, develop, and retain talent needed for high performing teams
- Evaluate spend by reviewing budget and expenses; make decisions and recommendations that balance timely project delivery and cost effectiveness
- 5+ years of experience working in a technology role such as: software engineer, product manager, project manager, quality assurance analyst
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience setting strategic direction
- Experience working as an EDI developer, EDI analyst, software engineer or engineering product manager
- Experience with IBM’s Sterling Integrator platform
- Experience with multiple trading partner communication protocols
- Commitment to continuous learning both for yourself and your team
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization inside and outside of technology
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.