Software Engineer (Full Stack)Apply Now
The Robinson Fresh development team of C.H. Robinson is responsible for delivering solutions to our business users to help them efficiently provide products, transportation and services for a wide variety of customers, like retailers, foodservice, wholesalers, and growers. We are looking for a passionate, driven, Full Stack Software Engineer to help deliver our vision for the Robinson Fresh division.
The individual in this role will perform analysis, design, programming, and testing tasks to deliver web-based applications for both internal and external users. Our development focuses on two key business categories:
- sourcing capabilities that include, replenishment, integration with our Famous platform, and inner source development on our Navisphere platform
- Managed Procurement
- Design and develop Web based applications that meet business, data integrity, performance and security objectives
- Create RESTful APIs in a Microservices architecture using Node.js, C#, or Java
- Understand our users and the processes used with systems RF Delivery builds
- Build Sourcing functionality (e.g., Replenishment, Trans Integration) that integrates with Famous through XML parsing or use of the Famous external application interface (or FAPI)
- Provide capabilities through inner source development with Inventory, Order, MDM and other areas to address specific Robinson Fresh needs such as Reason Code, Auto Open & BOL
- Build partnerships across other development teams
- Follow Agile and DevOps process and make suggestions that drive efficiency and speed
- Collaborating with Tech Leads, and Architects to ensure that solutions are aligned with our target design and architecture
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in an ever-changing environment
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Possess solid communication skills and a strong customer focus
- Translate high-level requirements into detailed designs and stories to be developed against
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and using those technologies to solve business problems
- 3-5 years programming experience in Information Technology
- Working experience with Microsoft technologies such as .NET framework and C# is a plus
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with relational database technology(e.g., SQL Server, Oracle) including schema design, stored procedure development and SQL queries
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in developing applications that utilize microservices and HTML5
- Focus on building clean code that is high quality and based on solid design
- Experience in integrating modern coding practices into applications with a strong propensity for automated builds and TDD practices
- Someone who can articulate and drive development based on design and architectural goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to continuous learning both for yourself and team
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with transportation, logistics information or Famous ERP systems a plus
Undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering, business administration or equivalent work experience.
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran