Software Engineer - HatCHRy (June 2021 start)
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
Are you looking to be challenged and have a direct impact on logistics across the world? Do you want to stretch your boundaries and accelerate your career? If building these solutions sounds exciting and challenging, then C.H. Robinson is looking for motivated people like you! Join one of the largest third-party logistics companies in the world as we work to optimize supply chains and transportation across the globe. Our innovative software engineering onboarding program, known as the HatCHRy, is looking for you!
Alongside seasoned engineers, you will focus on building a foundation of designing, coding, and testing industry-leading solutions that delight our customers and add strategic value. You've worked hard to get where you are today—now it’s time to use your unique skills, talents, and personality to achieve great things. C.H. Robinson is a place where you are valued as an individual, recognized for your accomplishments, and empowered to reach your full potential.
- Build and support the technology solutions that drive our business in a team setting, while receiving in-depth Agile, business, and technical training
- Innovate on projects that drive toward our vision of a single global technology platform
- Collaborate within a creative, dynamic workplace
- Leverage and gain a deeper understanding of multiple technologies including, but not limited to the following: .NET/C#, RESTful web services, ServiceStack, SQL, HTML5/CSS3/SASS, React/Redux and Git/Github
- Coursework or experience in one or more of the following areas: object-oriented design, relational database design, web development, mobile app development, desktop application development and high school diploma/GED
- Experience working with a team, successfully delivering on a project
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or other technology degree
- 1 year of work (or internship) experience within a technology team
- Understanding of basic database concepts, normalization, and transactions
- Understanding of basic source control systems (ex. GitHub)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.