Software Engineer I (January 2019)Apply Now
Do you want to stretch your boundaries and accelerate your career? C.H. Robinson – one of the world’s largest third party logistics providers - is looking for motivated people who are excited to dig in, be challenged and have a direct impact on our global technology! Join our innovative onboarding program, known as the HatCHRy.
From week one you will have hands on, meaningful responsibilities and training that will challenge and reward you. Use your ingenuity and creativity to build in-house systems from the ground up. You will work and innovate on projects that drive toward our vision of a single global technology platform that supports efficient and effective delivery of high value features our business users need. C.H. Robinson is an industry leader in logistics technology and you can be a part of our cutting-edge solutions. After completing the program, be placed with your full time development team, ready to produce solutions and learn domain knowledge.
What will you be doing?Work with teams that build and support the technology solutions that drive our business while receiving in depth Agile, business and technical training. Get ready to dig into a platform built to handle sudden shifts in the logistics market and a diverse range of customer needs. At C.H. Robinson we leverage multiple technologies including .NET/C#, WPF, WCF, Java, RESTful Services, SQL, HTML5 and AngularJS. We also use a variety of development methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, TDD and BDD. The training and hands-on experience you gain will give you the confidence and tools you need to advance your career here.
- Have an understanding of software and application design, development and project management principles.
- Thrive in a collaborative, creative, dynamic workplace.
- Are an innovative problem solver who is passionate about leveraging technology to solve complex business problems.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Coursework or experience in one or more of the following areas: Object Oriented design, relational database design, web development, mobile app development, desktop application development.
- You will work with fellow HatCHRy participants and HatCHRy leadership to form asoftware development team that will design, develop, test and deliver technology solutions that have real business value.You've worked hard to get where you are today and now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. C.H. Robinson is a place where you are valued as an individual and recognized for your accomplishments and potential.
Candidates must have completed their undergraduate degreewith a focus in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration or related area preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran