Software Engineer IIApply Now
We are seeking a highly motivated developer/programmer to join our Purchase Order System development team. The Purchase Order System development team is responsible for delivering solutions to our business users to help them efficiently and effectively manage the global freight network they are responsible for. We are responsible for the development of the primary application our business representatives use in many branches across North America, India, Asia, South America and Europe. We are growing team with high growth potential in the future and are looking to add that developer who wants to be on forefront of where CH Robinson is going as a company.
The individual in this role will perform analysis, design, programming, and testing tasks to deliver on projects specific to the application. The position demands excellent problem solving skills and interaction with internal customers and other IT teams. The individual will have a passion to solve business problems, pay great attention to detail, take pride in their work and have a good sense of product requirements. The ideal candidate will apply design patterns and SOLID principles using a variety of tools and components as the technology landscape constantly evolves.
The successful applicant will be a creative, self-motivated individual, capable of working independently or in a team environment, and on multiple projects at once. Additionally, applicants should have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a high-paced, high-pressure environment. As a continuously evolving Agile team (currently practicing Scrum), we demand strong participation and courage to constantly inspect, adapt, and experiment. We expect strong passion and commitment for building unique and customized solutions to make our user’s lives better and differentiate our services in the marketplace.
- Design and develop .NET and web based applications that meet data integrity, performance, business, and security objectives for complex application features using tools like Visual Studio and interaction with SQL Server databases
- Provide high-level technical options that may span multiple systems
- Translate high-level requirements into detailed designs
- Develop and maintain thorough technical documentation
- Provide technical estimates
- Perform thorough unit testing and functional testing
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in an ever-changing environment
- Possess solid communication skills and a strong customer focus
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and using those technologies to solve business problems
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with Design Patterns and SOLID Principles
- Experience with object-oriented design and development
- Experience with database technology including schema design, stored procedure development and SQL queries. SQL Server preferred.
- Solid understanding and application of object-oriented concepts and methodologies
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Developing applications utilizing UI frameworks
- Experience in test and/or behavior driven development
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience in continuous build practices
- Focus on building clean code and quality and designs that yield a more maintainable and longer running product
- Experience with transportation or logistics information systems
- Experience with REST services
- Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
- A proven track record of integrating modern coding practices into their applications with a strong propensity for automated builds and TDD or BDD practices
- Experience with test and/or behavior driven development
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience in system integration projects or global projects
- Experience in speaking Mandarin is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering, business administration or equivalent work experience.
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran