Software Engineer II
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
As a Software Engineer at C.H. Robinson, you will conduct technical analysis, technical design, development, monitoring, and testing solutions with complex integrations between our enterprise network and Coupa, Oracle, Workday, ServiceNow and other third-party platforms. You will collaborate with engineering product managers, Finance CoE team members, and other software engineers to evaluate requirements, estimate tasks, manage risks, and implement integrations that meet performance, quality, business and security objectives.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers
- Independently develop integrations and design solutions that consider performance, availability and security
- Perform product integration tasks including implementation, customization, data mapping, data conversion, and data migration between Oracle, Workday, Coupa, and ServiceNow
- Migrate and transform data between external software platform(s) and the CHR domain
- Increase code quality through code reviews and writing unit, integration, and acceptance tests
- Develop and maintain thorough technical documentation for features
- Write code using secure programming patterns
- Estimate integration development effort including identifying dependent teams
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Mentor and coach other software engineers by participating in design and code reviews and sharing best practices; proactively seek mentorship from others
- Adopt engineering best practices while contributing to the definition of the engineering lifecycle as well as the definition of best practices
- Debug across multiple service boundaries and dependent processes
- Contribute to our engineering excellence by writing code, driving quality, and collaborating with team members to continuously improve our process and culture
- Minimum of 18-months of experience developing and implementing commercial software
- Experience creating applications and features in an object-oriented environment (ex. C#, .NET, Java)
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Oracle) or non-relational databases (ex. MongoDB)
- Solid understanding of complex features and database concepts, normalization, and transactions
- Experience with data streaming and messaging architecture and frameworks (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ESB)
- Experience with HTTP and REST architecture
- Experience with unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Experience with version control systems (ex. GIT, GitHub, TFS, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Experience in system integration projects for global projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or other technology degree or minimum of 4 years of equivalent work experience and high school diploma/GED
- Experience with transportation, logistics, or business systems
- Proven track record delivering software in an agile environment
- Experience with cloud native applications and services (ex. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with third party system integrations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.