Software Engineer II
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
As a Software Engineer for our Domain Analytics team at CH Robinson, you will use your passion for analytics and experience in software development to design and develop datasets, databases, and services that will standardize data for several areas of our business. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements, design solutions, work through proof of concepts, and implement solutions.
The Domain Analytics team is charged with using data to build accessible and scalable domains of subject matter expertise. C.H. Robinson has 100s of terabytes of data and years of building analytical insights. The team mandate is twofold: integrate existing analytics solutions into a new cloud environment and to make data broadly available through a service-oriented architecture.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers
- Designs and develops high performance data pipelines to support analytics.
- Participates in the development of enterprise services to be used by multiple teams/applications.
- Works with a team of data engineers to create tooling and applications to facilitate the movement and access of data.
- Strong collaboration and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into services and interfaces.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide honest feedback to business stakeholders, peers, and management.
- 2 years of experience designing and building REST APIs.
- 2 years of experience with Python and other object-oriented programming languages.
- Familiarity with ETL pipelines and associated tooling.
- Experience with relational databases as well as nosql technologies.
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and the associated concepts (service discovery, application monitoring, Interface definitions, etc.).
- Practical Experience with test driven development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Coding “Bootcamp” graduates also considered with equivalent experience.
- Azure Cloud Services
- Python Flask applications
- Jenkins build tools and Octopus deployment tools
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Snowflake or similar scalable data warehouse technology
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.