Software Engineer IIApply Now
C.H. Robinson is looking for a Full Stack Developer with experience developing modern web applications to join our CIT Programming development team. We are making an investment in a strategic part of our business and we are looking for dynamic individual contributors to help us deliver on that investment. If you are highly motivated and ambitious, ready to make a direct impact on our business, and looking for a challenging and rewarding environment, you are looking at the right opportunity!
A Full Stack Developer will perform analysis, design, development, and automated testing tasks to deliver on strategic projects specific to C.H. Robinson’s internally facing products. The individual will need to pay great attention to detail, take pride in their work, and have a good sense of product requirements. A successful applicant will be a creative, self-motivated individual with an entrepreneurial mindset, capable of working independently or in a team environment, and on multiple projects at once.
- Contributes to the definition of the software development process as well as the definition of best practices.
- Develops software and designs solutions to satisfy the business requirements for scenarios that take into account performance and availability.
- Maintains the integrity application architecture.
- Translate/Convert the business requirements into detailed designs, partnering with Business
- Analysts, and Architects. Analyzes requirements with business analyst(s) and peers for improvement.
- Estimates for application development effort including identifying dependent teams and developing code to satisfy complex requirements.
- Utilizes source control features best practices to track and control changes
- Increase code quality through writing unit tests, and AAT
- Tunes performance and resolves availability issues of application and its dependencies. Debugs multiple applications including service boundaries and dependent processes.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers and teams on code reviews, development infrastructure, and process enhancements
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Create ongoing value for the business through iterative development/delivery, and working on continuous improvement within an Agile environment
- Develop and maintain thorough technical documentation
- Experience with HTTP and REST architecture
- 2 years collaborating with a team and working in a team environment
- Experience creating applications and features in an object oriented environment (ex. C#, .NET)
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Oracle) or non-relational databases (ex. MongoDB)
- Experience with the following methodologies: objected oriented programming (OOP), MVC, MVVM, SOLID
- Experience with unit testing
- Proficient with version control systems (ex. GIT, GITHub, TFS, etc.)
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Passion for using technology to solve business problems
- Solid interpersonal communication and collaboration skills. Able to communicate technical and business concepts across teams.
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or other Technology degree or equivalent work experience.
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran