Software Engineer III
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
We are looking for a talented Engineer to join the Applied Research/Messaging team within C.H. Robinson’s Architecture organization. Our mission is to provide engineering support and guidance to internal and external software development teams through shared tools, frameworks and software patterns that help those teams succeed and deliver critical solutions faster. We work closely with our Enterprise Architecture, Security, DevOps, and Infrastructure teams to help drive forward the architectural software direction of C.H. Robinson’s worldwide logistics operations. We believe that we achieve success in an environment where collaboration, openness, teamwork, and respect for each other are valued. If you are passionate about building tools that drive efficiency across an IT organization, let’s talk!
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers
- Working hands on to deliver key technical features for the team
- Define interfaces, and develop code/documentation for common solutions and shared capabilities across business domains and development teams, including authentication, hosting, caching, messaging, styling, rendering, and API/UI project templates
- Increase code quality through code reviews and writing unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Optimize, refactor and reuse code to improve performance and maintainability
- Write code using secure engineering patterns and by finding, fixing and enhancing security in existing applications
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Mentor and coach other software engineers; proactively seek mentorship from others
- Contribute to the team goal setting process for software development, ensuring that deliverables accomplish continuous improvement, and speed to delivery
- Passionate about software engineering and leading teams
- 3+ years of Enterprise Application Development experience
- Experience working with common server software including, but not limited to, Kafka, Elastic, RabbitMQ, Vault, Redis, & MongoDB
- Proven experience designing, building and maintaining REST APIs written in .NET, C#, Node.js or comparable software stack
- Experience building and using automation tools, CI/CD, unit testing, and promoting a culture of quality software development
- Experience building highly scalable, performant software
- A mindset of continual learning, growth, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience working with cloud specific technology including, but not limited to, Azure for delivering containerized & PaaS software solutions
- Experience applying Domain Driven Design in a microservice oriented architecture
- Experience designing eventually consistent software systems
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field of study
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.