As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
As a Software Engineer on CH Robinson’s TMC Delivery team, you will leverage your experience and expertise in software development to build solutions leveraged by the largest tech companies in the world. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating requirements, estimating tasks, and writing code that meets performance, quality, business, and security objectives. You will collaborate with other software engineers, product managers, and quality assurance analysts to solve complex problems, improve our software development processes and standards, and keep up with emerging technologies. This team is involved in creative and exciting projects like building a custom booth for the National Retail Federation conference and a mobile IoT Provisioning app.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Develop software and designs solutions to satisfy customer requirements that take into account performance and availability
- Collaborate with product managers and principal software engineers to translate requirements into detailed designs
- Estimate for software development effort including identifying dependent teams and developing code to satisfy complex requirements
- Increase code quality through writing unit, integration, and acceptance tests
- Tune performance and resolve availability issues of product or service and its dependencies
- Collaborate with other software engineers and teams on code reviews, development infrastructure, and process enhancements
- 3+ years of experience working in a team environment shipping software
- 3+ years of experience with HTTP and REST architecture
- 2+ years of experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Oracle) or non-relational databases (ex. MongoDB)
- Proficient with unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Proficient with version control systems (ex. GIT, GitHub, TFS, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 4 years of equivalent work experience and high school diploma/GED
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience developing mobile applications (React Native)
- Experience with data streaming and messaging architecture and frameworks (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ESB)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Have a growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Able to thrive in a collaborative, creative, dynamic workplace
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.