Software Engineering Manager (Client and Application Framework)
We are looking for a highly motivated, challenge seeking, and customer obsessed technical Software Engineering Manager to lead a new application framework team within the technology organization at CH Robinson. This new team will have the ambitious goal to move our existing client application from a thick client on premises solution to a web-based solution hosted in Azure. The ideal candidate will have a passion for leading and growing a team of software engineers and product managers, have a growth mindset, build relationships across the organization to ensure the team’s overall success, and be a leader willing to roll up your sleeves! If this opportunity sounds exciting, come join us!
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. Long-term, this position will ideally be located in Eden Prairie, MN, but we will consider remote for the right individual.
- Lead a team of software engineers and engineering product managers (EPM) to deliver Navisphere v.Next with business value and customer happiness being top of mind
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define the overall vision and strategy for the product
- Coordinate team resources and activities to achieve maximum business value and productivity
- Cultivate a diverse, high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring, and ongoing training and development
- Select, develop, and evaluate team members to ensure the effectiveness and alignment with current and future goals and initiatives
- 5+ years of experience leading multi-disciplinary software product teams
- 5+ years of experience shipping large-scale, commercial grade software or services
- 5+ of Software Engineering (SE) experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience shipping large scale web applications for a global market as a software engineer or engineering product manager
- Be able to play a mentoring role in advising the team of software design and best practices
- Managing a front-end focused team of software engineering and engineering product manager’s
- Proven track record of building a high performing team and elevating individuals to reach their full potential
- A growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback and coaching others to do the same
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Experience designing frameworks and APIs, A:B testing strategies, and safe deployment processes
- Experience shipping new products and services to Azure Cloud
- Experience with ERP, TMS, Supply Chain Management or Retail systems
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.