Software Engineering Manager
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
Software Engineering Manager
We are looking for a talented and uniquely creative leader to join our Microsoft Dedicated Delivery team here at C.H. Robinson. This team works in a challenging and exciting environment that delivers solutions in business to business connectivity across the globe for the customer to manage their product and transportation needs with many partners and vendors. You will be responsible for leading and managing a team chartered with building new software functionality into our custom technology platform. We are looking for a candidate who is a proven technology leader, up to speed on the latest technology trends, and has a passion for solving business challenges.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Plan, coordinate, support, and supervise activities related to research, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of work done in support of our customers projects
- Set and communicate the customer road map and strategies to accomplish the project objectives with stability and scalability
- React quickly to challenges and facilitate changes with the goal of minimizing disruption
- Partner with business leadership to consistently meet delivery expectations
- Understand business processes and identify potential opportunities for improvement by analyzing the processes and capabilities of the team’s design
- Stay informed of evolving business strategy and how your team’s work impacts and provides value to others
- Collaborate with Architecture to ensure that solutions are aligned with our target design and architecture
- Communicate, enforce, and integrate development best practices and technology standards that are set from Enterprise Architecture
- Partner with the team to identify, mitigate and escalate project risks
- Coordinates and communicates necessary changes for team to be efficient, effective and work with a sense of urgency
- Take an active role in improving the strength of the team through individual assessment, identifying development needs, and helping them take action to build their skills
- Foster a culture of timely, open, and honest feedback
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Keep senior leaders apprised of project statuses and general technical health of the team
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in technology in a role such as software engineer, business analyst, quality assurance analyst, or IT project/product manager
- Minimum 4 years of experience directly managing people and demonstrating a commitment to supporting their growth
- Minimum 4 years of experience directly managing a product, including roadmap and backlog prioritization
- Experience with teams building enterprise level custom software
- Experience delivering software in an agile environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related technical field
- Ability to effectively articulate and drive development that is based on design and architectural goals
- Experience acting as a technical leader focused on building high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
- Demonstrated ability to implement complex, large scale solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, inside and outside of IT
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Commitment to continuous learning both for yourself and your team
- Ability to understand and use basic SQL
- Working knowledge of API
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.