Software Engineering Supervisor (Data Science)
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Software Engineer Supervisor (Data Science) who can help us disrupt the logistics industry and take our technology to new heights with data science. We need a leader with both the experience and passion for building stable, durable, and extensible code. We are building brand new, data-intensive software products that are focused on delivery sophisticated tools for our business, customers and carriers. Big data, machine learning, predictive analytics and cognitive computing are areas we are heavily investing in. We have an established data science program that continues to power decision making and automation. In this position you’ll be supervising a team of machine learning engineers, data engineers, and software engineers who partner closely with our Business Data Science team to take solutions from discovery to production with scalable and well-engineered solutions.
- Develop software products (40% hands-on).
- Train, mentor, and develop a dynamic, collaborative team of talented machine learning engineers, data engineers, and software engineers solving complex business problems in imaginative and innovative ways.
- Partner with our Business Data Science team to define and ensure data science best software engineering practices.
- Communicate the team’s work to a range of stakeholders and leaders in technology and the business.
- Lead efforts to increase the advanced algorithm acumen of technology and business stakeholders.
- Release Management: bring technical & business priorities into one plan (include dependency management).
- Collaborate with architects, value owners, project managers, delivery leads, data scientists, engineers and support team members to bring R&D projects from discovery phases into production.
- Drive efficiencies and best practices across teams.
- Mentor and guide the career development of your members.
- Foster continuous learning and innovation.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience within information technology
- Familiarity in one or more core data science disciplines (e.g., machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.)
- Proficiency with analytic, optimization, database and data visualization tools – Hadoop ecosystem, Python, Spark, Hive, Kafka, SQL, R and other NoSQL technologies (Elasticsearch, MongoDB. Etc.)
- Knowledge and/or practical experience working within an Agile environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience leading software engineering teams – especially machine learning engineering teams
- Proven ability in change management and conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills - Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex solutions and in a relatable way at all levels of the organization
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.About C.H. Robinson
Come collaborate with our team of over 900 global IT professionals. You’ll have the opportunity to work in an Agile environment and provide solutions to the world’s most challenging supply chain problems. We believe in accelerating careers by providing ongoing training and professional development opportunities. Start here. Accelerate here.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, give back to our communities. .
Join the 15,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran