Solutions Engineer - SCOM AdminApply Now
We are seeking a highly motivated Solutions Engineer to join the IT Enterprise Monitoring team. The IT Enterprise Monitoring team is responsible for monitoring the health of our applications and infrastructure components, and will create and manage tools that detect and sometimes correct system and application problems. The successful applicant will be a creative, self-motivated individual, capable of working independently or in a team environment, and on multiple projects at once. Additionally, applicants should have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a high-paced, high-pressure environment. The IT Enterprise Monitoring team is a work hard, play hard team of high output go-getters that specialize in monitoring the CH Robinson systems.
As a Solutions Engineer on the IT Enterprise Monitoring team you will work closely with other Solutions Engineers, the Technology Enterprise Command Center (TECC) team, the technical architects and subject matter experts to design, implement and administer solutions for the IT support teams. This person will also help support and administer the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Participates in discussions with the architects, process owners, technical leads and developers to translate monitoring requirements to system design taking into consideration dependencies, relationships and integration points
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in an ever-changing environment
- Implements solutions that may contain aspects of workflow implementation, automation and integration
- Keep SCOM up-to-date with current Management Packs
- Vendor communication as necessary
- Establish project scope and effectively manage scope utilizing change control processes.
- Address issues and mitigate risks, communicate status to IT Management and other IT teams that are impacted by monitoring projects
- Proactively maintain an understanding of the IT infrastructure and applications
- 5 years of IT experience
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with System Center Operations Manager
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work tasks for maximum efficiency
- A “can do” attitude and works well in a team environment
- Ability to document clear/precise instructions for procedures or processes
- Experience delivering enterprise-level solutions in a timely manner with high quality
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technology
- Should be a self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision
- Experience in gathering requirements from customers
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Container Monitoring
- Familiarity with SCOM Management Pack authoring
- .Net Development
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran