Strategy ManagerApply Now
The Strategy Manager will consult and facilitate the business through strategic planning, process improvement & design, program/project management, change management and communications. You will help our business identify and solve their most critical business challenges through developing strategies and transforming a concept into a plan in motion. You will also create alignment with broader strategic and annual planning efforts, doing so in partnership with leaders, IT, HR, Customer Shared Services and other functional experts. The ideal candidate will have a proactive and persistent approach and the ability to develop and nurture positive relationships across all stakeholder groups.
- Facilitates meaningful discussion and decision making with a wide range of personalities, challenging ideas and extracting viewpoints through effective questioning and interpersonal skills to understand varying needs, and influence the quality of outputs.
- Defines, maps and prioritizes the specific business capabilities, processes and workflows needed to realize our long-term vision and strategies.
- Leads and provides leadership to planning sessions as well as a number of highly visible and complex initiatives and project teams.
- Manages project change to control scope, quality, timeline and costs.
- Develops KPIs and metrics to measure, celebrate successes, and course correct as needed.
- Prepares and leads the business through implementation, deploying effective communication and change management.
- Communicates and coordinates across a variety of functions and levels within the organization to ensure awareness and accountability to key initiatives and ultimately the long-term vision and strategies.
- Drives continuous improvement by leveraging new and creative approaches to strategic planning, process improvement, program/project management, change management and communications activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 7 years’ strategic planning, program management and/or change management experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience managing large-scale, complex strategic initiatives
- Travel approx. 10-15% (every 4-6 weeks)
- Outstanding ability to manage relationships and balance customer, project, organization, and team needs to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to facilitate small and large group discussions
- Ability to communicate effectively across varied stakeholder audiences, including senior leadership
- Possesses strong strategic orientation, ability to think critically, and evaluate broad impacts of work
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to lead, influence, and motivate others in the work group
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize work, manage time effectively, and follow through on commitments
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment
- Demonstrated successful application of strategy development and process improvement methodologies, tools and best practices
- Prior work experience in a decentralized, multi-site, global organization
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran