Supervisor Account Management - Global Forwarding
The Supervisor of Account Management leads a team of Account Executives. The day-to-day responsibilities include supporting employee growth and development, monitoring performance of team responsibilities, and supporting the development of new business through process improvement and solution design.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
· Responsible to support the day to day functions of the Account Executive team
· Coach team members on how to identify, develop, track and measure continuous improvement opportunities with their customers
· Ensure team members are trained on and following account management processes
· Outline employee role accountabilities and expectations; provide daily coaching and manage performance to ensure productivity, quality, efficiency, and business plan objectives are achieved
· Support the personal/professional development for assigned team. Coach and guide to improve performance and drive accountability. Provide timely feedback and problem-solving assistance via regular checkpoints and/or in response to situational needs. Understand development needs and create opportunities for experiences that support development needs
· Encourage employee feedback through formal and informal channels. Work with next level manager to acknowledge and act on feedback to drive a trusting culture of open two-way communication, inclusivity, and continuous improvement
· Acquire and develop talent to continuously improve the strength of the team and grow our customers
· Administer and drive intentional growth and retention through monthly account management review and pipeline review process
· Work closely and diligently with the Leadership Team to develop, monitor, and ensure account revenue health of existing and newly secured business
· Work with team members to develop and review business plans, standard operating procedures, execution strategies, profitability, key performance indicators, and other account metrics
· Serves as a direct customer escalation point and problem solver
· Address and understand market opportunities and trends, and how market conditions impact business performance and financials
· Support Account Executives and Account Managers with client interaction
· Work with leadership team to ensure sharing of information occurs regarding business challenges and opportunities
· Collaborate with Operations leadership to drive continuous improvement ensuring customer commitments are achieved and promotes the focus to standardize tasks reducing cost to serve
· Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum 2 years of account management experience in Global Forwarding
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· Previous supervisory experience
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills, strong listener ability to connect to your audience, and ability to tailor messaging to the appropriate audience
· Proven ability to problem solve, integrate, and grow relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to remain focused and optimistic in the face of adversity and change
· Strong leadership skills in order to motivate, develop, empower, and energize others while working in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment for the customer’s benefit
· Demonstrated growth through sales and relationship building and negotiation
· Strong orientation of financial acumen and communication financial metrics across the team
· Broad market and industry knowledge and vertical expertise (if applicable)
· Strategic and creative thinking skills
· Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.