Technology Business Analyst (EDI)
As a Customer Integration Business Analyst II at CH Robinson, you will be responsible for concurrently leading multiple small to medium electronic integration projects supporting our Global Forwarding business. You will elicit requirements for customer electronic integrations by learning the customer’s business processes, analyzing data, and maintaining an understanding of internal practices. A critical component to the role is building relationships and collaborating with others including, internal business stakeholders, external customers, business analysts, and developers.
- Elicit, analyze and translate business needs into quality requirements resulting in solution designs that meet the partner's business needs and delivers value
- Document current and future state operational processes and data flows; end to end through CHR systems, review documentation with the appropriate stakeholders and evaluate the business operations impact for internal and external customers and their trading partner(s)
- Manage business and technical risk areas through creating and executing on a test plan; this includes both positive and negative (error) requirements and/or regression quality assurance testing (Unit/QA), system integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Deliver customer integration solutions that are supportable, stable and easily maintained
- Provide solution education, monitor end to end data flow and partners to drives issue resolution as needed
- Facilitate the transition of post warranty solution support to the B2B Support Team
- Regularly contribute to the team’s success by: establishing an environment of cooperation and collaboration, supporting initiatives and partnering with other to support the team to meet its goals and improve overall performance
- Stay informed of evolving business strategies and application capabilities core to designing and implementing customer integration solutions
- 2+ years of business analysis, software or customer implementation experience
- 5+ years of working in a professional environment as a contributing member of a team
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with logistics, supply chain, manufacturing, inventory management, retailer business
- Business and/or technical knowledge of transportation management systems
- Business and/or technical knowledge of purchase order management systems
- Experience with Agile, Kanban and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience with implementing in-house ERP systems and working knowledge of SaaS, SAP, and/or Oracle
- Able to understand and use basic SQL
- Experience with delimited flat files, XML, EDI X12, EDIFACT, IDOC, and other standard data exchange formats
- Familiarity with communication protocols (AS2, FTP, (value add network) VAN, web services, API)
- Strong written and verbal communication and facilitation skills with the ability to adjust style and content to meet the customer/audience need
- Have analytical skills and process mapping skills
- Able to quickly learn and become proficient in multiple new and existing custom enterprise applications and functions, and apply concepts to electronic integration solutions
- Able to build relationships and gain trust quickly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or MIS
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.