Transformation Project Manager
As a Project Manager supporting our Transformation team, you will provide long term strategy and project work focused on the achievement of business outcomes through people, process and technology improvements. This role is both strategic and tactical, involving heavy stakeholder management and consultation with corporate leadership, internal and external subject matter experts, and regional employees. This role requires a determined, resourceful and progressive approach to customer service excellence, change management and process improvement. You will organize the work of others and directly contribute to recommendations, implementation planning, change management, prioritization and communications. The ideal candidate will have a proactive and persistent approach, and the ability to develop and nurture positive relationships across all stakeholder groups.
- Leads and provides leadership to a number of highly visible and complex initiatives and project teams through the project lifecycle to achieve desired outcomes.
- Facilitates productive project meetings and working sessions and is responsible to take action from decisions made.
- Accountable to define project value and work with analysts on plans for measurement and communication of insights.
- Develops KPIs and metrics to measure, celebrate success, and course correct as needed.
- Prepare and lead the business through project implementations, process mapping and technology deployments.
- Communicate and coordinate across a variety of functions and levels within the organization to ensure awareness and accountability to project value.
- Proactively maintain an understanding of industry knowledge, business processes and desk-level user experience.
- Drives continuous improvement through an agile mindset and methodologies.
- May assist with or contribute to annual and/or strategic planning sessions
Additional Accountabilities specific to IT and analytics related projects:
- Participate in sprint reviews to understand progress and impact to overall project timeline and deliverables.
- Partner with key stakeholder to build their understanding of the tool and ensure content is created to support users in the adoption of new business processes and systems functionality. In some cases, this may require engagement with L&D to create learning solutions.
- Responsible to involve all appropriate parties in the testing of functionality, overseeing user pilots when deemed necessary. May also serve as a test user.
- Evaluates business risk when deploying into production and is accountable to work with business leader to make final decision on deployment (Go/No-Go).
- Bachelor’s Degree or continued education
- Minimum 2 years’ demonstrated project management and coordination experience with medium- to large-scale strategic, corporate initiatives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel 10%
- Exceptional organizational skills, able to prioritize work, manage time effectively, and follow through on commitments
- Business facing skills (listening, ability to playback and validate concepts and develop proposals)
- Ability to influence and effectively work with others throughout the organization
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills, and able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be able to handle a fast pace environment, last minute requests, as well as changing and competing priorities
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to communicate effectively across varied stakeholder audiences, including senior organizational leaders
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
- Experience in effective change management techniques and implementation
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.