Vice President Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (remote flexibility)
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Additional Location(s)
- Atlanta, Georgia; Plano, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; Phoenix, Arizona; Orange, California
Are you a passionate leader in the diversity, equity and inclusion space? Have you developed a strategy that truly impacted your organization? If so, we have an opportunity for a Vice President Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at C.H. Robinson!
In this position you will be responsible for overseeing the DEI team by creating, refining, and executing against a global enterprise DEI strategy that supports the company’s business objectives. You will have the unique responsibility to oversee the development, implementation and measurement of programs, policies, and initiatives to advance DEI goals and objectives. Critical to your success will be your ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across the company and around the globe to embed DEI into talent and business initiatives to help build a culture of belonging and foster a more diverse workforce.
This role will report to the Chief Human Resource Officer.
- Foster C.H. Robinson’s culture of inclusivity and create an environment where all employees feel they belong
- Refine, implement, and execute against a sophisticated and multi-faceted global annual and long-term DEI strategy and vision
- Oversee DEI work portfolio including assessment of new initiatives and programs, evolving policies and other opportunities
- Communicating progress against DEI strategy and metrics to Senior Leadership Team and the company’s Board of Directors
- Partner with Senior Leadership to further integrate DEI strategy and opportunities across the company
- Represent Robinson externally in the market i.e., speaking engagements, etc.
- Drive the strategic workforce diversity goals by leveraging data and insights to understand root cause issues, develop data-driven solutions and deploy targeted interventions to accelerate progress in key markets
- Oversee communication strategy, in partnership with Internal Communications and Marketing, to ensure that we are effectively telling a compelling DEI story both internally and externally
- Collaborate with HR Centers of Excellence and regional HR liaisons to ensure awareness and understanding of DEI accountabilities
- Advise indirect procurement and commercial teams on supplier diversity programs
- Partner with Community Relations and C.H. Robinson Foundation as needed to ensure DEI lens is applied to community engagement strategies and programs
- Monitor key metrics to measure diversity programs and initiatives.
- Identify, establish, and manage relationships with external partners and key diversity organizations, as appropriate
- Lead DEI team to drive progress on objectives, provide strategic guidance, and support employee growth and development
- Manage annual merit and equity programs for assigned team to align compensation with performance results
- Align team’s passion with their potential and commits to consistently providing feedback, development opportunities and recognition
- Own employee engagement results and implements action plans to improve culture, engagement, collaboration, and a focus on DEI
- Work with DEI team members to effectively plan and budget for the DEI function
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Minimum 10 years of progressive professional experience
- Minimum 5 years leading a diversity, equity and inclusion function or initiatives
- Minimum 8 years of people management experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Prior work experience in a decentralized, multi-site, global organization
- Outstanding ability to manage relationships and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to communicate and influence effectively
- Possesses strong strategic orientation, ability to think critically, and evaluate broad impacts of work.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Knowledge of EEO/AA data collection, cultural audits and ability to perform analysis
- Possesses broad knowledge covering multiple Human Resources functions
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.