Vice President - Enterprise Accounts
C.H. Robinson has an exciting opportunity for a strategic, customer centric and dynamic leader that will drive enterprise strategy across multi-divisional customers. The Vice President Enterprise Accounts will be a highly visible member of C.H. Robinson’s Customer Shared Services team (CSS), led by the Chief Commercial Officer. The CSS team is accountable to drive and support enterprise growth through a coordinated and customer-centric approach in sales, account management, and marketing. Within CSS the Enterprise Accounts team is responsible for growth across all C.H. Robinson divisions (North America Surface Transportation, Global Forwarding, Robinson Fresh, Europe Surface Transportation, and TMC) within the largest shippers in the world. This team is led by the Vice President of Customer Strategy.
Our customers continue to become more global and integrated thus creating a need for CHR to better harmonize and coordinate our leading global services in a more cohesive approach. As a result, the VP, Enterprise Accounts role will manage a defined portfolio of multi-divisional customers that are looking for this level of engagement. The VP, Enterprise Accounts is responsible to drive growth and retention for these important customers by providing shared business intelligence, strategy development, coordinated relationship management and sales efforts. They are responsible to develop a holistic enterprise strategy facilitating global wallet share expansion, senior customer executive engagement and cross-divisional cooperation. The VP, Enterprise Accounts will build partnerships with counter parts at their assigned customers and the cross-CHR account team to achieve their goals.
The VP, Enterprise Accounts will drive growth, retention and customer value for assigned customer portfolio. High performance includes achieving and exceeding budgets, revenue growth, increased customer purchased services, and sustainable retention across C.H. Robinson’s industry-leading services, solutions and technology products.
- Expand customer wallet share by building relationships, identifying opportunities and selling solutions across the customer organization/business units.
- Leads RFP opportunities for customer across all modes, services, and geographies.
- Proactively generate demand and selling opportunities within customer.
- Build effective cross-divisional deal teams leveraging subject matter expertise to deliver creative global solutions that solve customer supply chain problems.
- Shares customer-specific data, requirements, and expectations with internal C.H. Robinson leadership to collaboratively create viable supply chain solutions to customers.
- Uses strategic negotiation and sales strategies at the customer leadership level in discussing complex pricing and selling solutions with customers.
- Collaborate with the account team to identify continuous improvement areas and devise creative solutions that bring value to the customer.
- Engages CHR senior leadership team to ensure alignment, resource prioritization and participation in account strategy.
- Serves as the primary C.H. Robinson enterprise point of accountability for customers within portfolio, delivering a positive customer experience through proactive communication, timely responses ensuring quality execution against expectations.
- Acts as a trusted advisor by consulting with senior level customer decision makers.
- Accountable to move our relationship to the highest possible level at our customer if we aren’t there already.
- Manage important and sensitive customer issues, ensuring appropriate executive escalation and visibility across the enterprise. Facilitate cross-division issue discussion and help formulate strategies, include communication approach with customer executives, to resolve issues effectively.
- Collaborates and actively communicates with management of the capacity/product/supply teams across all modes, services, and geographies to identify strategic solutions for complex issues.
- Conducts regular business reviews with customer senior leadership, leveraging internal and external data to gain customer insights, uncover new opportunities for growth, increase sales, and retain and grow the business by presenting long-term strategic solutions to customers.
- Provide overall account team leadership by actively collaborating and building relationships across CHR to achieved desired results.
- Stay connected to and actively involved in industry activities and associations inclusive of consortium, conference and academic opportunities.
- Participate in evolving our enterprise account strategy and provide thought leadership and strategy development on enterprise projects.
- Understand assigned customer’s business and supply chain strategies, objectives and risk in order to develop holistic account strategy.
- Know the issues and opportunities of assigned customers – creating sustainable solutions by leveraging CHR capabilities, technology.
- Stay informed of changes within all areas/departments of customer’s business, industry, and sector through regular customer communication, applying that knowledge to identify new opportunities.
- Work with customer to ensure alignment on priorities. Facilitate access and engagement with CHR to help client organization pursue their business priorities.
- Acts as an advocate for customers, internally conveying their customer-specific needs across the organization, to ensure proper alignment and prioritization of resources. Additionally, advocate for the company at our customer.
- Conduct cross-divisional planning session with commercial leaders and CSS leadership to review customer summaries and account plans.
- Continuously identify, pursue and implement efficiency and cost reduction measures.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional customer facing experience in sales, account management or commercial leadership.
- Proven track record of developing and growing executive level relationships at large multinational organizations.
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding sales quota/goals and cross selling services within a customer portfolio.
- Manages conflict and navigates difficult conversations with customers and internal parties, using tact and diplomacy.
- Expertise in managing and growing complex solutions that consist of bundled global services and technology; ability to establish value in the eyes of the customer beyond price and existing solutions.
- Proven ability to solve unique, complex problems that have a broad impact on business and strategy.
- Ability to travel up to 50% to customer locations, C.H. Robinson offices, and events.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA/Masters
- Experience with supply chain and logistics solutions.
- Expertise in selling complex solutions that consist of bundling global services and technology; ability to establish value in the eyes of the customer beyond price.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills to culturally diverse audiences: listening, speaking, writing, presentation.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, anticipate potential objects and persuade others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view.
- Ability to navigate and lead in a decentralized, matrixed organization, often with virtual teams.
- Proven success at collaborating with and influencing others, both upward and downward in an organization, oftentimes in a virtual or remote setting.
- Strong capabilities in conceptual thinking, problem solving, analytical thinking and project management.
- Experience in negotiation through leading and facilitating contracts and the legal process between enterprises.
- Proven ability to lead a cross-functional, multi-regional team on projects and/or growth opportunities with risk and complexity; can develop the strategy for project execution and empower the team to successfully complete the project.
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.