Carrier Sales Representative (March 2019 start)Apply Now
Our Carrier Reps Move the World (video)
ACCELERATE HERE. SHAPE THE FUTURE OF SUPPLY CHAINS.
As one of the largest third party logistics (3PL) providers, we help people around the world get the products they need, when they need them. We have big plans, and shaping the future takes a team as diverse as the world’s supply chains. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are energized by solving tough problems and owning your success, join our industry leading team of supply chain experts as we drive the industry forward.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Carrier Sales Representative, your primary focus is securing the right carrier at the right price at the right time to get the customer’s goods delivered on time. To be successful in this role, you will develop and grow relationships with transportation companies and help them optimize their fleet. As your relationships grow, so will your pay. This role combines inside sales, account management, and operational activities to meet the shipping needs of our customers.
Please note that this role will start in the Fort Worth office and then in 2020 will transition to our Dallas Regional Center in Plano, TX.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop new and grow existing carrier relationships (lead generation, cold calling, and referrals)
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (i.e., owner operators, dispatchers and drivers)
- Leverage our global technology platform, Navisphere, along with data and other resources to make informed decisions, negotiate price, drive automation and improve efficiency
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution
- Maintain constant contact with carriers (average 75-100 touch points/day) to secure additional truck capacity and manage existing business agreements
- Provide exceptional service to our carriers and customers
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the system
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence and negotiate with others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, drive results, multi-task, and work with a sense of urgency
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively across the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driven, enthusiastic, resilient, agile and highly motivated
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Bachelor's degree preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive onboarding - Our investment in you begins on day one. You’ll start your career in our dynamic ACCELERATOR onboarding program. By learning more about the C.H. Robinson, and our technology, processes and culture, you’ll gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to be successful in your role.
- Competitive, robust pay and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, retirement plans with company match, paid time off and paid holidays, charitable giving match and employee stock purchase program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and live
- High-energy, collaborative work environment
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran