Regional Sales Manager - Global Forwarding
The C.H. Robinson Global Forwarding West Region currently has an opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager ("RSM") that will provide sales leadership accountability for an assigned territory of local and remote offices. This is a unique opportunity to impact a group of engaged and energetic sales people across multiple locations. You will be responsible for strategic business planning, process implementation and improvement, talent management, and setting and managing within a regional sales budget. You will oversee and maintain strategic touchpoints with customers in addition to both internal and external networks to support sales growth and generate revenue.
Strategic Business Planning and Management
- Collaborates with functional leadership to develop annual regional sales plan that aligns to new and existing commercial sales growth objectives
- Defines and executes regional sales and growth strategy for both new and existing customers, and actively manages and adjusts short and long-term plans as necessary
- Builds, manages, and leverages internal relationships (i.e. pricing teams, solution design, Customer Shared Services) to ensure collaboration and maximize efficiencies and results
- Utilizes analytics to drive improved business decision making, optimize performance, and leverages organizational resources to help improve results
- Develops strong knowledge of industry trends and market drivers related to modes, products, services, pricing, and sectors that may impact strategic planning or execution
Business Growth and Development
- Manages the identification of new and existing customer opportunities, assigns leads and aligns team resources to effectively execute sales and account growth strategies to achieve volume and revenue growth for the region
- Actively manages sales and customer growth at the regional level by employing sales management disciplines, including ensuring the regular completion of sales management reviews (SMRs), pipeline reviews, field evaluations, etc.
- Identifies, defines, and supports opportunities to generate revenue (upsell, cross-sell, resell CHR services) within the region
- Oversees regional sales teams, sales plans and pipelines
- Develops key performance indicators ("KPIs") and reports against defined success metrics
- Manages and executes win by design sales process including, prospecting, discovery, solution design, proposing and closing, and ensures regional sales team manages leads and pipelines effectively
- Evaluates region’s sales kits, plans, goals, activities and results
- Identifies high-potential customers and manages corresponding growth plans
- Promotes and drives cross-functional and cross-regional collaboration (i.e creation of deal teams within and outside the region, alignment of resources and support as needed, identifying and sharing best practices, etc.)
- Collaborates with account management teams to ensure effective transition to implementation
- Utilizes technology, tools and defined processes to support sales (i.e. RFPIO, CRM, Navisphere Analytics, etc.) and serves as point of escalation for rule compliance issues
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure collaboration, quality execution, issue escalation and resolution, etc. to meet customer expectations
- Actively interfaces with customers to present business opportunities, respond to RFIs/RFPs, and maintain ongoing relationships
- Possesses a broad understanding of C.H. Robinson’s products, services, resources and technologies and leverages those appropriately to identify opportunities, drive sales growth with new and existing customers, and establish new supply chains and business models
- Partners with legal to oversee contract management, including the ability to negotiate, understand and discuss contracts with new prospects and existing customers
- Sets and executes against regional sales P&L, budget, volume and margin expectations
- Monitors daily, monthly, quarterly reports and analytics to monitor budget impacting metrics (i.e. volume, sales, productivity, capacity, etc.) and adjusts regional sales strategy and resources accordingly
- Supports the growth of talent via performance and development through both formal and informal performance management, including SMRs, field evaluations and pipeline reviews, coaching and feedback, and developmental tools (PDPs)
- Identifies regional skill and development needs and collaborates with functional leadership and internal resources to address gaps
- Assesses, calibrates, and manages talent, leveraging analytics and observation to align resources appropriately, focuses on and advocates for individual and team development, career pathing and succession planning
- Actively manages his/her own development
- Cascades communications to employees as appropriate, including information on organizational or divisional initiatives, announcements, etc.
- Stays informed of external product, industry and sector knowledge
- Actively leads and drives process and/or service improvements and change management activities
- Manages internal peer relationships to ensure collaboration, knowledge sharing, and process improvements
- Manages internal and external conflicts appropriately with a focus on resolution
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of sales leadership in the global forwarding & logistics industry
- Minimum of 3 years of direct or indirect people management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of consultative sales experience with demonstrated success generating revenue or business growth in a client facing role.
- Proven ability to define a regional or multi-location sales strategy
- Up to 75% travel (primarily within a region)
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited college or university
- Strong knowledge of C.H. Robinson’s carrier and customer-facing business, including pricing strategies, reporting and analytics
- Experience managing financials for a business segment
- Ability to understand and communicate financial metrics, including P & L and apply financial and operational data to make sound business decisions
- Ability to work independently to effectively manage sales growth
- Experience consulting with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, relationship building and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed work environment
- Technical proficiency in MS Office, including Excel
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.