LTL Business Development Manager - Northeast Region (location Columbus or Philadelphia)
The LTL Business Development Manager is a consultant and subject matter expert that works with the C.H. Robinson sales organization on the generation of new business and retention of existing business related to the LTL service line. This role works with and build relationships with multiple groups internal to C.H. Robinson, including, but not limited to sales, account management, global account centers, the office network, Regional Sales Directors, Customer Shared Services, and the executive team to generate leads and support the sales process for large or complex opportunities. Additionally, the LTL Business Development Manager leads and/or participates in strategic account discussions, contract and pricing strategy directly with the office network and/or the customer directly.
- Business Development
- Diagnoses opportunities, qualifies leads & develops business
- Develops business by selling and closing opportunities in partnership with the office network
- Markets LTL service line to sales and account management teams through ongoing education
- Drives growth and creates demand for the LTL service line, which helps to ensure their respective region has a robust pipeline of customer opportunities
- Seeks to understand the underlying challenges of the opportunity and design solutions that address the customer’s short and long-term needs.
- Designs and implements solutions for LTL products and services. This includes partnering with internal pricing teams and being a liaison between the service and network to create pricing models and strategies
- Refines marketing strategy for respective LTL service regularly based on network feedback and external market trends
- Consultation/Customer Service
- Builds trusting relationships by acting as an ambassador of the LTL service line to the network, in addition to external customers and suppliers
- Collaborates with management to proactively identify and/or resolve issues in a timely manner
- Provides industry feedback to the network on trends, pressures, and competitive evaluation of key competitors in the marketplace
- Educates and consults with the sales and account management teams on the market factors that impact pricing for LTL
- Educates the network on service line initiatives, vision and strategies
- Demonstrates or develops product and service capabilities and addresses detailed functional and technical questions
- Responds to network inquiries on topics related to the industry, market trends and competitive intelligence for LTL
- Understands how to leverage departments within the service line they support, other modal teams, and Customer Shared Services teams
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in transportation sales or account management
- Ability to travel 25-40% internationally
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience selling LTL services
- Technical proficiency in MS Office
- Proven ability to create and sell comprehensive solutions and service packages to all buying influences
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiation, collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering measurable financial results through sales or account management solutions
- Strong strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills and business acumen
- Proven ability to develop proposal presentations in Word or PowerPoint
- Proven examples of using Excel for analysis and modeling
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.