Senior Global Forwarding RepresentativeApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
As a Senior Global Forwarding Representative, you will have the opportunity to directly support customer supply chains by helping to move their freight efficiently and effectively. In this role you will be responsible for the operational handling and follow-up of a portfolio of ocean customers and will report to the Branch Manager. You will interact directly with customers to build and strengthen relationships, coordinate cargo bookings, and conduct analysis to help customers maximize C.H. Robinson's technology offerings.
In this role you will be responsible for the complete both export and Import of LCL and FCL shipments processes for a portfolio of customers. In cooperation with the team you will ensure that all shipments are being handled smoothly taking the needs of the customer into account. A pro-active approach to take initiative in improving processes within the department is an additional benefit the ideal candidate will possess.
What will you be doing?
- Account Management
- Collaborate with coworkers, international C.H. Robinson offices, and agents to ensure efficiency, excellent customer service, and continued customer relationship development
- Handle export, import orders, custom clearances and documentation (LCL, FCL etc.)
- Generate quotes for business opportunities
- Organize and oversee the pick-up, & delivery
- Understand and manage financial details of shipments for proper billing of customers
- Provide support (reporting, documentation, etc.) to internal and external customers
- Ensure adherence to customer SOPs, government regulations, and C.H. Robinson company standards
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
What are we looking for?
- 5 to 10 years working experience in Ocean Import & Export is a must
- Fluent English speaker
- Proven experience in managing end to end processes within the freight forwarding industry
- Knowledge and experience with customs procedures and formalities
- Established track record of dealing with customers and being client focused.
- Excellent commercial awareness and insight with strong sales abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in a pressurized environment
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart� training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.