LCL Ocean Procurement Manager Europe
- Job ID
- Caffamacherreihe 5, Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany, 20355
Founded in 1905, C.H. Robinson has grown to become one of the world's leading logistics companies. With more than 15,000 employees in 280 offices, we serve more than 113,000 customers worldwide in all national and international logistics sectors.
We are looking for a LCL Ocean Procurement Manager to join our European Product Team in Hamburg or Milan as soon as possible.
The Ocean LCL Gateway at C.H. Robinson acts as the central gateway for all of Europe, based in Hamburg.
Our team of 10 coordinates and controls the entire process of worldwide groupage container planning inbound and outbound Europe. The LCL Ocean Product Development position works in close coordination with the Gateway or Gateway Manager.
The position reports to the LCL Ocean Product Manager Europe.
- Analyzing data and deriving pricing & procurement strategies.
- Creation of reports
- Creation of consolidated container calculations
- Development & advancement of CHR own consolidated containers in import and export
- Rate purchasing of LCL sea freight at NVOCC's & negotiation of storage contracts with external service providers Europe-wide
- Regular meetings with external service providers in the area of LCL Ocean
- Allocation Management & FCL Consol Pricing in cooperation with CHR FCL Product Team Europe
- Cooperation with Trade Lane Development and support in Pricing & Procurement
- Sales support in terms of new business acquisition, if necessary joint customer visits
- Support of the European RFQ team in LCL tenders
- Rate maintenance of our global pricing tool
- Collaboration with the European Marketing Team for LCL sales campaigns
- Concept development in the area of Buyer's Consolidation
- Successfully completed commercial training
- 2 plus years of professional experience in LCL Ocean Consolidation / Pricing & Procurement / Sales
- Good written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel
- Communicative competence
- Customer orientation and quality awareness
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to make decisions
- Willingness to take risks
- Willingness to travel (if possible again)
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson offers you diverse career opportunities and professional growth in the global supply chain industry. Join our team - at C.H. Robinson, each individual is an integral part of the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500 company with a global footprint that demands and encourages teamwork, initiative, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovatively every day to improve supply chains and move goods around the globe. The fast pace of the logistics industry results in a high-energy and collaborative work environment. No matter what product is being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson moves it - quickly, safely and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees leverage their in-depth knowledge and our global network to help customers reach their destinations quickly. Whether by air, rail, sea or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility and dedication to deliver goods where they are needed.
Have we aroused your interest ? Then we look forward to receiving your detailed application.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.