Senior Sales Executive
The purpose and objectives of the role is to grow our Global Forwarding (international air and ocean) & logistics services by securing new profitable and sustainable customers for your region. The Senior Sales Executive is the lead person responsible for managing and coordinating sales activities for his/her specific region. The remit is to expand and manage sales development within the assigned region, focused on developing new accounts. The position is to be seen as a “multiplier”, working closely with aligned Sales team along with all areas of the assigned region to generate awareness and focus around business development.
As Senior Sales Executive, your main focus will be to grow your region´s new business through active sales management and planning. For larger opportunities you will directly contribute to the solution design analysis and help research the customer’s supply chain needs in detail in order to provide a custom solution. You will work with Product and Technology specialists to document the customer’s specific situation and lead or assist in presenting the proposed solution.
- Source, plan and conduct face to face calls with prospective customers within Branch region
- Conduct number of face to face meetings per month with prospects (and existing clients)
- Target & secure medium to large size prospects, and ensuring optimal implementation
- Maintain & developthe CRM system (Opportunity Management)
- Make recommendations to management relating to forecasting/budgeting and pipeline strategy
- Remain engaged with customer to maintain relationship and ensure ongoing success of account
- Follow up and respond to sales leads and routing orders generated by overseas partners
- Attend training sessions created to enhance relevant knowledge and skills
- Carry out any reasonable duties as deemed the responsibility of the job holder by the Regional Sales Manager
- Minimum of 5 years' sales experience within Global freight forwarding (Air & Ocean)
- Highly credible, mature individual with strong communication skills and the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Pro-active, detail oriented and inquisitive
- Self-driven, results-orientated individual with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality and business profitability
- Resilient team player
- Keen sense for business development with a “hunter” mentality.
- Develop and maintain strong inter-company relationships
- Fluency in English and German is required. Additional European languages are beneficial
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and flexible towards traveling within designated region (up to +50% of time)
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
When you walk through the door at one of our branches, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
C.H. Robinson’s European Global Forwarding branches are currently in the Netherlands, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Poland, Romania, Sweden and United Kingdom.
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization
- A fun, positive and open environment which encourages thinking outside the box
- Attractive compensation package based on personal & team performance
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen - quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join more than +15,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.