Carrier Sales Representative Intern (May 2018 start)Apply Now
What’s the opportunity?
Our internship is more than a learning experience; it’s an opportunity to make an impact at a Fortune 500 global company. You’ll help some of the world’s most prominent companies move their products around the globe. The world of logistics is ever changing and you’ll be in the middle of the action, gaining business experience that will benefit you for a lifetime.
Sales, Account Management, Operations, and Carrier Management interns are integrated into our teams, giving you the opportunity to learn global freight services and help shippers and carriers optimize supply chains.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be exposed to multiple facets of the logistics and transportation industry, such as:
- Sales and negotiation techniques
- Building customer relationships
- Operations management
- Transportation information systems
To highlight your creativity and expand internal relationships you’ll also participate in a team project and competition with other interns across North America to solve a business-related challenge. At the end of your internship, you’ll present your solution to senior business leaders, with the top-rated projects earning special recognition.
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate education at a Junior or Senior level (pursuing a business, sales, logistics, supply chain, communications, or related major is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven, team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Relationship-building skills
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
Watch this video to see how you’ll make an impact as a C.H. Robinson Intern
About C.H. Robinson
Start here. Accelerate here.
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran