Global Forwarding Agent
- Job ID
- 842 West Sam Houston Parkway, Houston, Texas, United States, 77024
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
Maintain Operational Excellence:
Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo
Apply basic industry knowledge to respond to customer requests
Learn and Execute/Coordinate tasks on the shipments to meet all customer SOP requirements.
Ensure a high-level of data integrity within the shipments: acknowledgement of shipment details, INCOterms, routing, dates, documents, etc.
Learn and understand pricing. Complete low to medium complexity customer quotes
Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with Customers, CHR offices, Agents, and Outside Vendors
Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
Understand and learn to leverage CHR’s network of departments, support teams and leadership.
Ensure customer SOPs are maintained and adhered to
Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
High school diploma or GED
Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Strong communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
Proven critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customerneeds
High level of attention to detail
Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- This job description is intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees performing this role.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth, and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- GFA Air Export Houston, Texas 06/23/2022
- Ocean Import/Export Agent Houston, Texas 05/20/2022
- R29388 Associate Global Forwarding Agent (May/June 2023) Houston, Texas 08/23/2022
- Air Import/Export Agent Houston, Texas 05/20/2022
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.