Project Manager - Project Logistics
The Project Manager - Project Logistics is responsible for the overall management and coordination of project operations in all sectors of the industry i.e. oil and gas, mining and wind power to achieve client satisfaction. C.H. Robinson Project Logistics’ goal is to develop long term relationships with clients and their contractors by providing excellent service and successfully demonstrating that we are a premier project forwarder through superior performance. Must have a minimum of 5 years' of experience in freight forwarding (prefer project style cargo and break-bulk).
- Initial responsibilities include developing a comprehensive understanding of the project requirements including; scope of services, site conditions, import privileges, customs clearance, shipping and import document preparation, cargo insurance coverage and limitations, routing, carrier selection, and quoting, reporting and invoicing requirements.
- Prior to award the Project Manager will assist with the preparation of the RFQ response both commercial and technical aspects. After award the Project Manager will prepare, review with the client and implement specific project procedures. Responsibilities will include monitoring compliance, procedural review and updates as required.
- Overall project management and coordination
- Risk assessment and contingency planning
- Ensure that all contractual obligations are met and that full client satisfaction is achieved
- Assist with rate negotiations and carrier selection
- Set up template for billing and project reports
- Review invoicing prior to issuance
- Monitoring credit status and balances
- Monitor compliance with insurance requirements, reporting and claim settlement
- Interface with client when critical issues arise and assess possible solutions
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Travel as directed by the company
- Familiarization with company rules, regulations and procedures
- Advise management of charter requests and legal issues immediately
- Compliance with corporate policy for communication, confidentiality and signing authority (financial and legal commitments)
Responsibilities as they relate to general operations:
- To be totally responsible for all project files relating to truck/rail, sea, and air, barge inbound and outbound.
- To become knowledgeable about booking notes, part charters and exclusive charter agreements in cooperation with and under management supervision.
- To arrange for export permit application on behalf of the client.
- To review and handle letter of credit files, inclusive of all appropriate documentation and bank discussions. To discuss letter of credit files with senior management if required.
- To ensure that whenever the Company is in a position of potential doubt or liability on a sea freight/surface or air file, that legal counsel is contacted and clear and precise written direction is obtained in order to proceed and deal with the situation.
- To ensure that clients are kept well informed on their files.
- To provide management with any information that will assist in future business development, maintaining clients or increasing profitability.
- To prepare agency agreements/contract of services in co-operation with and under management supervision.
- To negotiate and coordinate project cargo with the requirement that any booking notes or final agreements with carriers for sea carriage are co-signed by another senior manager.
- On site supervision of loading or discharge of equipment at the port, at rail siding, at barge terminals, at vendor manufacturing plant.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in freight forwarding (prefer project style cargo and breakbulk)
- Required travel 25-45%; domestic and international travel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong communication and multi-tasking skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Project management expertise
- Passion for providing exceptional service to internal and external customers
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran