Senior Air Import Specialist
The Senior Global Forwarding Agent (GFA)/ Air Import Specialist is responsible for managing and operating the shipment lifecycle for complex and strategic accounts. They are a role model of global forwarding operational knowledge, experience, hard work ethic, supporter of business goals and objectives with excellent customer service skills and professionalism.
The Senior GFA is a key customer contact and subject matter expert in ensuring all requests & customer requirements are met and answered accurately and timely. They are accountable for their individually assigned shipments in addition to daily communication, reporting, and email management. They have the ability to influence the process of shipments from beginning to end and take ownership for their work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
Maintain Operational Excellence:
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo
- Understand and input applicable financial components of shipments to generate correct billing for customers
- Apply industry knowledge and critical thinking to adapt processes/create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally
- Execute/Coordinate shipments and mentor others on how to meet all customer SOP requirements: booking approvals, processing pre-alerts, governmental filings, executing delivery, ensuring proper invoicing, etc.
- Create, maintain, and update shipments in Navisphere, ensuring accurate data
- Provide complex quotes based on needs of network
- Coach and train others on pricing strategies
- Provides track and trace service to customers and generates shipment documents
- Ensure a high-level of data integrity within the shipments: acknowledgement of shipment details, INCOterms, routing, dates, documents, etc.
- Builds great relationships with customers, responding timely and following up on issue resolution
- Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with Customers/Agents, CHR offices, and Outside Vendors
- Act as a key customer contact and subject matter expert
- Lead by example when it comes to customer outreach, retention, and expansion
- Act as a resource and expert to the department, branch, and network on customer requirements & process initiatives
- Work effectively in a team environment and collaborate cross-functionally, building relationships with account management identifying client by identifying and proposing process improvement and/or consultative leads
- Monitor customer shipments trends and its impact to our processes and operations
- Ensure customer SOPs are maintained and adhered to
- Make recommendations to improve or implement technology solutions to recognize efficiencies and improve net revenue
- Provide support to Sales Executives and Account Managers for customer reporting
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 3-5 years of Global Forwarding Air Import experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge or coursework in Supply Chain, Logistics, or International Business
- Extensive industry and department knowledge (process & handling, regulations, international shipping, etc.)
- Strong prioritization, multi-tasking skills, and high level of flexibility as priorities and needs change daily
- Proactive, ambitious, hardworking, and analytical mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Proven track record of dealing with customers and being client focused
- High level of attention to detail and ability to execute with 95% or higher monthly audit compliance and minimal unbillable charges
- Site Specific: Fluent in the local language
- Site Specific: Ability to speak multiple European languages
- Site Specific: Knowledge and experience with customs procedures and formalities (customs clearance, bonded transports)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.