Strategic Project Manager
***This role can be based out of Houston or anywhere in North America (US)***
What’s the opportunity?
Strategic Project Manager (Wind Energy Vertical) - Project Logistics is responsible for the overall management and coordination of project operations in all sectors of the industry i.e. oil and gas, mining and wind power to achieve client satisfaction. C.H. Robinson Project Logistics’ goal is to develop long term relationships with clients and their contractors by providing excellent service and successfully demonstrating that we are a premier project forwarder through superior performance. Must have a minimum of 20 years' of experience in freight forwarding (prefer wind project style cargo and break-bulk).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Part of Project Logistics Senior Leadership
- Team leader on Global Accounts
- Global and large account network support to the CHR Enterprise
- Subject matter expert in identifiable industries like Oil & Gas/Renewable Energy or a specific mode such as Air/Ocean Chartering or a designated region
- Lead and participate in Global deal teams
- Educate and bring awareness to the network
- Lead Capital Project opportunities
- Solution design, build transport plans and method statements
- Provide leadership and insight to carrier strategy
- Individual Contributor as well as provide Divisional mentorship to assist in building bench strength
- Will lead teams on a case by case basis
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of industry experience
- Must have Wind Energy project experience
- Domestic and International travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong communication and multi-tasking skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Project management expertise
- Passion for providing exceptional service to internal and external customers
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.