Accounts Payable Auditor
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Kansas City, MO where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Review invoices in various queues to identify source of billing issues.
- Troubleshoots internal systems and carrier documentation to research, substantiate, and resolve these invoice discrepancies.
- Must possess a strong mental aptitude to quickly acquire an in-depth understanding of numerous internal applications/processes, thorough knowledge of all assigned carriers’ contracts, pricing methodologies, and rules tariffs, along with a firm grasp of the transportation industry in general so that the root cause(s) of discrepancy items can be quickly identified.
- Executes a high volume of transactions while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communicates any issues with all stakeholders. May involve negotiating with carriers to resolve discrepancies, or discussions with internal Carrier Solutions, Sales, and Customer Billing employees to identify appropriate course of action required for resolution and to educate all parties involved to prevent a recurrence.
- Updates the accounts payable and billing systems to ensure accurate carrier payment and customer invoice amounts.
- Researches carrier contracts and rules tariffs to resolve pricing disputes.
- Ensures proper receipt of funds owed by carriers due to won disputes, claims, etc. This is accomplished through negotiating the reimbursement method with the appropriate party and validating the reimbursement amount and could include deducting a balance from other carrier invoices.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Value a diverse and inclusive work environment
- 1 to 2 years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Diplomatic and tactful in communicating with others
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong mathematical aptitude and attention to detail
- Ability to follow up on unresolved issues and to solve problems
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrates initiative and sound judgement in performing job
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills to make informed decisions in order to resolve routine and non-routine issues promptly and accurately
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.